Lena Luthor x Reader

You and Lena had been together for years

You and Lena had been together for years. Her mom surprisingly liked you because you had what she called "the Luthor smarts". You had been there for her through the whole case with Lex which caused your own family to practically disown you. So, when Lena decided to move to National City you put in a transfer request with your job and ended up following her. Then Supergirl and Kara Danvers came into the picture.

Warnings- Angst sooo much angst, slight mentions of cheating, language, - let me know if I should include any others 

(Y/N)- Your Name 

You had once thought that you and Lena could make it through anything. I mean you both had made it through you meeting her mom, the media catching wind of your relationship, everything that had happened with Lex, and even your family telling you it was them or Lena. You had moved from the only place you had ever known in order to follow Lena and support her in quest to try to clear the Luthor name and rebrand Lexcorp into LCorp making  in a force for good. You had supported her in everything she did and even understood when she had to reschedule dates because she was just so close to a break through. You never made her feel like she had to choose between you and her work because you knew how important clearing her last name was to her. Then came Kara Danvers and Supergirl. Soon she wasn't only just rescheduling dates but cancelling them all together for Kara. You honestly couldn't remember the last time you had gone out with Lena anymore. You felt you had taken 2nd place in Lenas heart but you dealt with it because you knew how much Lena wanted friends that wouldn't judge her or try to use her. You tried to make the best of it though. You would schedule time with her for you to be able to bring and each lunch with her during the day. You would sit with her and talk but soon she began to cancel those too. You tried not to overthink because you knew, or at least you thought you knew, that Lena wouldn't do that to you. She had just started taking on more projects herself and was even partnering with Supergirl occasionally now. Yet you couldn't help but feel like you were competing against Supergirl and Kara for your fiancees time and affection. You still tried to be the supportive understanding person you had always been for Lena but you were slowly getting to the end of your rope. You had tried talking to Lena about this and how it made you feel, yet every time you tried she just didn't have the time for you. You tried to hold back your tears at all the excuses she had given you every time you tried to talk to her.

"Sorry (Y/N) I really need to focus my attention on Supergirl right now. We are so close to being able to solve this."

"Hey sorry nows not a good time Kara is in my office and she really needs me right now. We will talk later."

"I know I said that we would talk later but Kara invited me out with her sister and her friends. Don't wait up for me. I don't know when I'll be home but we can talk in the morning."

The list went on and on. Today though, you were going to go to Lenas office and demand that you have this long overdue talk. Your patience had run out this morning when you had gotten a text telling you that your lunch with her was cancelled, again, and to not come because she had a shit ton of paper work. You had a feeling though that she was spending time with a certain blonde haired reporter and didn't want you to know. A knot had begun to form in your stomach after that and the sickening feeling you had continued to grow all day. You tried to distract yourself but it just wasn't working so you decided to head over to LCorp early. The drive there gave you some extra time to try and think about how you wanted to approach this. You wanted to have a calm discussion with Lena and talk things out like the adults the both of you were. You had a feeling though if you walked into her office and Kara was there that plan would fly out the window. As you pulled up to LCorp you just knew that your heart was about to be broken. You laid your head on the steering wheel trying to mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for what you knew you were going to see. You got out of your car and slowly walked into the building making your way through security. Luckily in the elevator you were by yourself. 

"Ok (Y/N) just take a deep breath. Try to keep calm no matter what you see in there." You said giving yourself a mini pep talk before the doors slide open on Lenas floor. Jess looked up at you and smiled as you walked up. 

"Hey Jess is Lena in any important meetings or can I just walk in and talk to her?" you asked trying to be polite to her. She didn't do anything to you so no need to be snappy with her. 

"She's not busy with any official meetings and even if she was I doubt she would mind you interrupting her." Jess told you with a small chuckle escaping her. Apparently she didn't know about all the cancelled dates and lunch meetings between you and Lena. Yet the way she worded that made the sickening feeling in your stomach grow. She didn't say that Lena wasn't in any meetings, she said she wasn't in any official meetings. If you had any doubt that Kara wasn't in there with your fiancee they were erased now. You pushed open her door and quickly stepped in closing it behind you before facing Lena. You could feel your blood boil at the sight that greeted you because there was Lena and Kara sitting so close to each other their legs were touching eating lunch. Kara looked up at you with a smile that quickly dropped when she saw the murderous look in your eyes directed at Lena. Lena herself had actually managed to look even paler than usual and her eyes widened filling with guilt. Kara quickly looked between the two of you and began to pack up her stuff before leaving as quickly as she could. You waited till the door shut behind her to speak.

"You have got 5 fucking seconds to start talking before I completely lose my shit." You spat at her with venom in your voice. 

"It wasn't what it looked like." Lena told you quickly because you are 100% sure that it was exactly what it looked like. 

"Really Lena then what the fuck was going on because to me it looked like you cancelled on me, AGAIN, in order to have lunch with Kara." You told her trying to hang onto any semblance of being calm. Lena looked away from you and you scoffed. 

"Seriously Lena after everything this is what you do. You could have at least had the decency to tell me you didn't want to be with me anymore. Honestly I cant believe you right now. I DEFENDED YOU! Against my own family. I picked you over them. I stood by your side when everyone told me you were just going to end up like your brother! I LOVED YOU LENA AND HOW DO YOU FUCKING REPAY ME HUH! YOU ABANDON ME AND OUR RELATIONSHIP AND DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO END THINGS WITH ME!" You had begun speaking slightly below yelling and ended up screaming at Lena. She couldn't even come up with anything to say to you. She just stood there her mouth opening and closing but nothing coming out. Just as you were about to start screaming at her again Supergirl appears on Lenas balcony and walks into her office. You scoff and run you fingers through your hair.

"Is there a problem? I heard yelling and decided to come and make sure that everything was ok." Supergirl said with her arms crossed across he chest. You bite your lip trying to hold back tears because of course Supergirl would come to Lenas rescue. You looked at Lena and looked into her emerald eyes, that you used to get yourself lost in, trying to search for something. You're not even sure of what you were looking for. You glanced away from her and let out a sad chuckle.

"No Supergirl. I think I'm done here. Enjoy your life Lena. Don't worry I'll be out of your penthouse before the night comes." You told her turning and walking towards the door. As you went to open the door the ring on your left hand caught your eye. You slipped it off quickly walking back towards Lenas desk. You slammed the engagement ring down onto her desk before looking up at her watching as the tears fell down her face. She still hadn't managed to say anything though. You shouldn't have expected anything different. 

"You can have that back. I don't want it anymore. Give it to Kara since she's obviously the one you want to be with." You told Lena, completely missing the look of shock on Supergirls face, as you turned back around walking out of Lenas office slamming the door behind you. You didn't see Lena walk towards her desk on shaky legs and pick up the ring. You didn't see her collapse as the sobs overwhelmed her body. You didn't see any of that because you were trying to escape LCorp as quickly as possible so no one would notice the tears that streamed down your face as you felt your heart shatter in your chest. You had no idea where you would go or what you would do. The only thing you knew was that you had to get as far away from Lena as you possibly could.