6.

jungkook pov

I couldn't eat.

I couldn't sleep.

I just sat. I sat and watched Taehyungs breathing all day. Winwin would sit with me. He gave Taehyung a couple shots and stuff. All things Namjoon got at the pharmacy. I held Taehyungs hand. I wanted him to know i was there.

I felt a light squeeze.

I swore I felt it.

i waited.

i felt it again.

"Taehyung?"

a quiet noise.

"Winwin! Jin! I think he's waking up!"

They went downstairs to check on everyone else. i heard feet run up the stairs. the door opened and they walked towards me.

They knelt down.

They watched his eyes.

We waited for them to flutter open.

"Gguk..?"

his voice was dry.

He sounded half dead.

"Tae? im here."

"Are you mad..?"

He had his eyes held shut.

"Of course not."

"Is Jin still mad..?"

Jin ruffled his hair.

"I could never stay mad at any of you guys."

A small smile formed on Taehyungs lips.

"I'm sorry..."

"To everyone..."

i ran my thumb across his cheek.

"Hey... Don't be sorry Tae..."

"But I freaked everyone out..."

Taehyungs eyes finally opened,

"It's okay Tae. Really."

"I'm gonna tell everyone he's okay."

Winwin left the room.

"Hyung?"

Jin turned to Taehyung, nodding.

"I'm really sorry about everything i said... I don't know why i said that stuff... i love your dad jokes..."

Jin smiled,

"Its okay Taehyung. I knew you were upset about other stuff."

Winwin came back, breathing heavily and leaning on the door.

"Everyone wants to see him. They chased me."

Taehyung laughed, a sound i missed more than anything.

"let them in."

Winwin took a deep breath, opening the door and everybody ran in, their words overlapping.

"Miss you"

"Worried"

Soon enough everyone was on the small bed enveloping Taehyung in hugs. This lasted for a while, and even Yoongi was squeezing tightly onto Taehyung, calling him an idiot. Everyone cried a little, but Hoseok and Jimin cried almost steady. Everybody talked to Taehyung alone for a few minutes, and everyone came out crying. I went in last and everybody left, heading downstairs.

"Taehyungie"

I walked over to him, hugging him tightly and tucking my head into the crook of his neck. I finally let myself go. We were alone now, nobody was watching and I could fall apart.

"Why did you do that Taehyung?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks

"I was so worried."

I heard Taehyung sniffle

"Im sorry ggukie..."

"Don't apologize."

Taehyung held onto my waist tightly as i felt his tears roll onto me.

"Taehyung..."

I felt his fingertips grip onto me, pressing into my sides.

"Why'd you do it..?"

It was hard to breathe. Tears overwhelmed me as i gripped tightly onto Taehyung.

"You cant do that Tae... You can't leave me..."

"Im sorry Jungkook... I wasn't thinking... I thought you hated me..."

I pulled my head away from his neck, looking into his eyes.

"Never. I love you Taehyung. I love you more than anything."

Taehyung wiped my tears and i leaned into his touch.

"Don't let me go... please..."

He pressed our foreheads together, squeezing his eyes shut.

"I love you so much gguk..."

He pressed his lips to mine in a soft and careful dance. It seemed like a first kiss. He was moving slow, his fingers brushing against my cheek, and our lips just barely touching. Tears still streamed down both of our cheeks. We were so close, yet the way we touched was delicate and felt like we were miles away from each other. I'd never felt like this before. Even when I found Taehyung the first time. It wasn't like that anymore. We were different. I was different. After everything we went through it changed us both in ways we couldn't even explain. In ways we didn't even realize. We were closer than ever, but we felt so far apart.

"I want to do something."

I looked into his eyes, the light shining on him. His eyes were red and puffy, tears stained his cheeks, his hair was a mess and he almost looked sick. But he still was beautiful. Still, nobody could compare to him. Nobody could ever compare to Taehyung.

"Yes?"

My voice was cracking and broken

"I want to get married."

I wasn't sure what he meant. We couldnt get married. We lived in the middle of nowhere. Nobody could marry us. I didn't even know if it was real. He'd never mentioned this before.

"Gguk..?"

"Are you serious?"

The atmosphere changed as he nodded. I jumped into his arms, the question finally setting in. I didn't know how we'd do it but that didn't matter. Taehyung would find a way. I was still crying, but it felt different now. Before it couldn't stop, it blurred my vision and i couldn't breathe. Now I felt comfortable, the tears fell but it didn't sting, I could still make out the details on Taehyungs face and my breathing felt clear. It was strange how four words could change everything.

"So will you..?"

"Of course. I love you Tae."

Yikes im tired asf😴 I probably wont even remember this chapter tomorrow 😬😬 Anyways, sorry for earlier, I put my phone in my pocket while writing and accidentally clicked publish when i only had like 300 words.

~Zoey💜