8.

Hoseok pov

Jin called me into the kitchen while he was cooking. I knew it was something important so I ran in.

"Jin hyung? whats wrong?"

"Come here."

I came closer as Jin stirred something on the stovetop.

"Tell everyone that they will not bring up Taehyungs incident at breakfast and if they do, they'll have to talk with me. I also want you and Yoongi to take Jungkook and Taehyung out to the forest, im going to make everyone else set up the house."

"Okay hyung... but why?"

"Have you guys really all forgotten?"

"forgotten what?"

"Whens Jungkooks birthday?"

"Isn't it the beginning of September?"

"September 1st. Do you guys even know the date?"

"No. not really. we stopped caring after the second year. It just makes us all upset to think about how long we've been without our normal lives. Have you not noticed that nobody really celebrates birthdays?"

"I thought that's because we only celebrate Christmas."

"No hyung. We never know the date anymore."

Seokjin looked down, I was worried he might cry.

"Well today is Jungkooks birthday. We're going to start celebrating birthdays again."

I never knew Seokjin didn't know. I didn't realize he kept track. Nobody did anymore.

"Alright hyung."

We ate breakfast, Jin made a lot of food. I wasn't surprised when Jungkook said he'd come, but when Taehyung said he would too I was shocked. Taehyung never came out with us, he was always worried. After breakfast everyone got dressed. Yoongi and I were done before Taehyung and Jungkook so we went to see Jin.

"What are you two doing! youre supposed to be gone!"

"They're getting dressed. When do you want us to come back?"

"Here. Yoongi take this, I'll text when we're ready. If I haven't said anything Do. Not. Come. Back."

Yoongi nodded, taking the phone from Jin.  When Taehyung and Jungkook came down we walked the short distance to the forest.

"Hey can we show Tae the hut?"

Jungkook seemed excited, like a child wanting to explore, and Taehyung was the overworried parent.

"Sure Jungkook. This way."

we moved through the trees, following the poorly marked paths Yoongi and I had made. We reached the hut, it was from when we first moved there. Jungkook helped us build it, but hadn't seen it since. Yoongi and I came out here a lot. Just to escape the drama. There was almost always a fight going on. There was too many people in such a small place. Yoongi and I had made additions over time, bringing an old matress, a table and a cooler out. Of course we couldn't keep the cooler out for long, but it was nice if we wanted to stay out for the night.

"It looks so cool!"

Jungkook and Taehyungs smiles as they looked around the small shelter was great to see. I hadn't seen either of them smile like that in a while.

"what're we gonna do out here Seok?"

Yoongi was whispering to me as the two younger boys fooled around.

"I dont know, let them pick something to do."

"Hey guys! We've got the whole day to kill, what do you wanna do?"

All of us sat on the matress, trying to keep our weight even on the old bedframe.

"I dont know, gguk?"

Jungkook sat still for a moment.

"The only thing I know is truth or dare..."

I looked around, Taehyung and Yoongi shrugged.

"alright, we can play truth or dare. But how about if you want to skip your turn you have to take off an article of clothing."

"Why would we do that?"

"So nobody skips their turn."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, but everyone agreed.

"Jungkook? Its your game. You go first."

"Okay... uh... Yoongi, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Uh..."

He turned to Taehyung, who whispered in his ear.

"Uh, whats Hobis most annoying habit."

Yoongi laughed, looking to me before answering.

"In his sleep he rubs his hands all over himself, like we could be cuddling and then he just stops so he can rub his arms."

Both of the other boys chuckled as I sat with a pout on my face.

"Oh c'mon Seokie~"

"It's your turn Yoon."

He rolled his eyes,

"Okay. Taehyung, Truth or dare."

"Dare."

"Oh? How bout we each get one favour from you, and we can use it whenever we want."

Taehyung nodded. We played the game like that for a while, learning simple things and getting each other to do stupid things like lick a shoe, or do a dance. By the end, I has given Yoongi my shirt, both of my socks were gone, Taehyung was missing his socks, and Jungkook was missing his shirt. We were in the middle of a round when Jin texted. Taehyung was getting Jungkook to try to lick his own elbow. We were acting like kids, doing stupid stuff, but it made us all smile. It made us all forget. We finished the round, heading back to the house. We walked in and all the lights were off.

"Surprise!"

The lights turned on and everyone jumped out from behind furniture.

"Happy birthday Jungkook!"

"Its my birthday..?"

Jin nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"You're 22 today Jungkook. Happy birthday."

Jin pulled everyone into a group hug.

"I love you guys. I want all of you to be happy. I don't want you to give up and forget what day it is. Starting today we celebrate everything. Birthdays, holidays, even the stupid ones, we're going to celebrate. Don't give up hope. You'll all go home, you wont have to worry, and you can all live your lives."

We stood there for a while, in the doorway, hugging. I heard a few sniffles here and there, but we stood. We knew we'd get through it, we knew everything would be okay if we just kept doing what we were doing. If we stayed together.

Inspirational Hobi🤧🤧
Chicken noodle soup actually killed me- Hobi just turns up like "CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP! CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH A SODA ON THE SIDE!"
Like I was expecting some shit that wouldn't be absolutely hilarious. I mean don't get me wrong I love it and it BoPS But like its a whole ass song about soup? like? what?
anyways, I've been in a good mood lately, so i might post another chapter tomorrow, bye loves

-Zoey💜