18.

Jin pov

I woke up in a hospital bed, I felt dizzy and like my body had been rung out like a cloth. Namjoon sat on the chair beside my bed, a coffee in his hand.

"How're you feeling Jinnie?"

"Like I've been run over."

Namjoon smiled a little,

"Everyone is at a hotel in town. They've got police there with them. I told the police everything and they're gonna want to talk to you about Song."

I nodded,

"I'll go get a nurse."

Namjoon stood up, leaving the room. I let my head fall back onto my pillow.

Everything is over. Song won. He got what he wanted from the beginning, Taehyung.

Namjoon came back into the room with a doctor. He shook my hand,

"I'm doctor Choi. It's nice to meet you Mr.Kim."

I nodded,

"Its nice to meet you too."

"Well, we could tell that you'd been through a significant ammount of trauma. This resulted in internal bleeding in both your chest and abdomen. We had to perform surgery to correct it."

I nodded, looking towards Namjoon who couldn't quite look at me.

"Is there something else?"

"Well, you had significant damage to your spinal cord."

He took a deep breath, his face said everything I needed to know.

"We aren't sure if you'll be able to walk again. We might be able to regain some mobility, but you'll likely have mobility issues for the rest of your life."

I took in a deep, shaky breath as I felt Namjoons hand on my shoulder.

"I'll leave you two alone for now. The police officer should come by soon."

Once the door shut, I felt myself fall apart. Namjoon sat on the bed, holding my hand with a reassuring grip.

"Jinnie, you'll get through this. You'll walk again, and whenever you have trouble I'll carry you wherever you want. I'll be your personal taxi."

I knew his words meant well, but they made me feel worse. Like being torn into pieces. I couldn't stop the tears streaming down my face and the snot dripping from my nose. I was ugly crying and Namjoon knew what that meant. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me tight to his chest and running his fingers through my hair.

"You're okay Jinnie... nothing will change."

I felt myself calm down in his arms, he always knew the right thing to do. I looked up at him, sure my eyes were red and puffy and I still had tears stained on my cheeks.

"You've still got your looks."

I laughed a little, leaning into his chest. I didn't get to do this often and when I did I liked to savor it. Namjoon continued to run his fingers through my hair. We sat like that in silence, Namjoon knew it would keep me calm. So when I felt him stiffen i knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong Joon?"

"There's something I need to tell you, but I'm scared."

"I can wait."

And so I did. I listened to his heartbeat quicken before going back to its normal pace. He took a deep breath.

"Promise you'll still talk to me?"

I nodded,

"I don't think there's much you could do to make me stop talking to you."

I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he had a smile on his lips.

"Chim and I broke up."

I raised my head to meet his eyes.

"Are you okay? And why would that make me mad at you?"

He nodded, unable to look into my eyes he focused on my nose.

"I'm okay, its not that we broke up. It's why that might make you stop talking to me."

I felt his heartbeat speed up again.

"Joonie. Calm down... I'll never stop talking to you. I promise."

He took a deep breath.

"When you were gone, Jimin made me realize something. I was outside looking for any clue to find you and Jimin asked me if I loved you. I said yes without a second thought. I knew Jimin and I didn't have the best relationship but I thought that's just how it was supposed to be. Jimin showed me that I love you, and when I thought about it I realized I always have. Do you remember the night I told you about Jimin? I had originally planned to ask you what love felt like at the park, because I thought the way I felt about you was weird. But then Jimin came along and we clicked. Jimin and I were amazing friends from the second I met him so I thought I discovered love, and I decided that you were just my best friend."

I closed my eyes tight as I  felt a tightness in my chest as well as a feeling of relief and joy.

"Jin..?"

I squeezed him, unsure if I could say anything at the moment.

"What does that mean hyung?"

"I love you too... I always have."

I smiled as he pressed a soft kiss to my temple. I hoped it wasn't all a dream when I heard the loud knock on the door. When my eyes opened Namjoon was still there. He was still holding me. That's when I knew it was real, as he got up to open the door. It was the police officer coming to question me. He asked Namjoon to leave as he asked me questions about the building I was kept in and if I knew how many people were there. He asked me questions for almost an hour before leaving, handing me a card on the way out of the room.

Broo I'm posting a chapter because I'm ready to finish this book and start working on something else.

I am currently working on my own novel with original characters, and although I know most of you came for vkook content I am still thinking about posting that on here because I would like to start posting my work to get feedback and this is the only place I have a platform.

Only three chapters left :)
~Zoey🖤