Explain

Callen's pov:
„so you have a daughter? Don't you think you should of mentioned that to me? And I thought we are friends!" I say pissed at being kept in the dark. Not only that but doesn't he trust me or why would he keep something this big to himself.
„We need the room for a moment." he says towards Hetty. After a quick nod she left with a sulking Sam and an afraid looking doctor.
„I didn't knew how I should tell you. How should I explain to you why I took her in but not you?" he answers a bit ashamed.
„Are you serious?" i ask him shocked that he out of all people feels guilty for not taking me in. I mean, yeah my childhood was fucking messed up, but even if he didn't took me in, whenever I needed help or something was to messed up he was there. Hetty Of course also was always there for me, but Gibbs always was my safe heaven. Always only a phone call away. So why would he still feel guilty about it?
„I should of taken you in back than. I know that now, but it was so close after I have lost Kelly and Shannon, I didn't thought I would be able to do it. Still I should had taken you, it would of made your upbringing so much easier for you." he says with self hatred.
„You did enough! Because of you I didn't go crazy back then, you kept me sane. Whenever something happened I could count on you. That was way more than anyone else had done. So don't be stupid!" I tell him incredulously.
„However I would have liked for you to tell me that you have a daughter!" I say with a smirk.
„I guess I should have. Scooter, come here baby boy!" he says to the sulking dog next to the chair Alejandra had left.
„G, this is Alejandra's baby boy Scooter!" he introduces me to the dog, I had always thought is his.
„Anything else I should know? A son? Or anything like that? maybe a cat?" I question him with a smile.
„Nope, sorry to disappoint you. What about you? What were you up to, except getting shot. Again!" he says with a chuckle.
„All the same as always. Hetty still makes me stay in the house. Maybe I should start to furnish it? Anyway, why didn't we met in a bar this time?" I question him already knowing his reply.
„Since your dumb ass needed to get shot again!" he answers with a smirk.
„About the furniture, it really is time for that. But don't do it now or my baby girl is ripping you a new one!" he tells me with a huge smirk.
„She is a unique one. Sam said he finds her scarier than Hetty! And after hearing about some incidents in the other hospital, I kind of understand why!" his face lits up after me saying that.
„She indeed gets off a bit, ok, maybe really intimidating when she wants to. But only if you are in between something she is after, or you annoy her. She loves her job, so everyone who doesn't take it seriously is on her fuck of list as I like to call it." he tells me proudly and to be fair she sounds amazing.
„However when she is just Alejandra, you won't find anyone with a bigger heart out there." he says with a soft smile on his lips.
„So you want to tell me that the girl that looked and sounded like she came right from hell, is a sweety?" I ask him with a shake of my head. I mean, I believe him. It's like a wall that protects her and also gets the job done, but after what sam told me and what I have seen it's just hard to believe.
„That was exactly what i meant to tell you!" he says and nods, still petting Scooter the whole time.
„He didn't even like to cuddle with me!" I tell him and slightly pout at Gibbs. He only laughs at me before looking at the dog.
„Why don't you get on the bed? G is feeling lonely." he asks the dog like he would understand every word. And just like that he jumps up and cuddles into me.
„Incredible, isn't it?" he asks me with a smirk while I only nod at him and starting to cuddle Scooter even closer.
„Alejandra has him trained to perfection!" he adds with that proud glint in his eyes that he hadn't to often.
„Can we come in again? Pascal is getting a bit antsy for not staying with Alejandra's patient as promised." sam asks with his head sticking into my room.
„Whatever is your fancy." Gibbs says monotonous.
„I take it as a yes than." sam whispers and walks to the little couch that stands next to a huge window. Thinking about it, that room is extremely huge for a hospital room.
„This room only gets used on very high up the ladder people, and for Alejandra's special patients." Hetty answers my unasked question.
„Special patients?" sam asks cheekily looking my way.
„Not like that. It's for the patients that Alejandra decides need a bit more care as others. That includes a lot of high risk patients, those who have a hard time adjusting to their situation, she also places the extra special ones in, as family and favored ones. Which is why you are in here, well that and the fact that she knows you will leave that bed as soon as she isn't looking or have someone on standby to make sure you stay where you should." Hetty explains to us.
„And why the bigger room? It still doesn't make much sense?" I say trying to process all those information with the medications in my body.
„So that she can stay with them 24/7! That's what the couch is for as well as that oversized chair over on the other side." Gibbs answers this time with a shrug.
„So you are telling me she is staying with me the whole time!?" I exclaimed frustrated since my plan was to sneak out as soon as possible!
„See, that is exactly why I can't go home with dad!" comes Alejandra's voice from the doorway.
„What?" i ask trying to look normal.
„Don't Play dumb! We both know that you planned on sneaking out of here as soon as you get the chance to." she says and goes to the young doctor .
„Thank you Pascal, you can help Matty with the other patients." she tells him softly. Mood swings much? Scooter had already jumped out of the bed as soon as he saw her.

After another hour of talking and joking the other doctor came back.
„I am about to head out now. Do you need anything before that little one?" he asks Alejandra with a smile.
„I think we are good, the blankets are still where they used to?" she answers him with her head slightly tilted to one side which makes her look really cute. I mean don't get me wrong she looks really cute all the time, since she is really small and tiny, but right now she looks like a lost 4 year old.
„They are. Should I take Scooter for his evening run? I could drop him off at your place afterwards." he asks already petting said dog lovingly.
„Is that alright with you dad?" she asks since he would stay at her place so therefore needs to care for him.
„That would be great Matthew! Thank you!" Gibbs tells him thankfully.
„Perfect, then let's say good night to your mama and then we are out of here!" he tells scooter who is happily wagging his tail. As instructed he goes to Alejandra who of course immediately cuddles him again.
„Be Good for Matty baby boy!" she tells him while petting him softly.
And just like that they leave and only an hour later I am alone in the room with my doctor. Kinda strange to be honest!