Talk

Deeks pov:
Sitting next to an unmoving Alejandra is heartbreak, and the thought alone of leaving herein that condition physically hurts! Maybe I shouldn't of told gibbs about it, or my worries as well as what had happened last time. But I also know from Alejandra that he would never ever betray anyone. So I really hope I am not the one exception!
A knock on the door gets all our attention, however the second my former team, my family really, sees who it is, they immediately took a protective stance in front of me. That alone conforms that I made an awesome choice by choosing them as my family!
„Mister deek? Is it possible to talk with you for a moment?" Hetty asks me with furrowed brows at the others reaction towards her.
„Alone At that?" she adds the the others.
„Yeah, of course!" Paul says sarcastically.
„Of course we will let you alone with him so he has no witnesses with whatever you are planning!!" Christian adds with crossed arms.
Yeah, definitely my best choice I ever made!! My heart really swells with love and happiness that they care this much for me as I care for them. A sigh was heard from Hetty, she however looks at me, hurt that I wouldn't allow her to talk to me any more.
„It's ok. Let's talk outside." I say after shaking my head a bit. I never was a coward who was leaving any confrontation out, so that's also no time to start with it.
you don't have to talk to her! Especially not alone! You know just like we do that Alejandra also wouldn't allow that!" Paul tells me intensely. His eyes shining in uncertainty.
it's ok. It can't get any worse than it is right now anyway." I answer him with a shrug. With a sad frown he pulls me into a tight hug.
i am really sorry this had happened again." Paul whispers softly before ending the hug.
„You better don't even think of hurting him!" he threatens Hetty right before the door shuts after myself and her.
„What do you want to talk about Hetty?" I question her right away when I stopped next to Alejandra's door. Not feeling to good of being to far away from her, especially with her in that condition.
„Gibbs told me that you think that I am going to tell everybody about you being a former team member of Alejandra's. Did I ever made you feel like you don't belong in our team? Or why else would you think this lowly about me?" getting right to business it seems.
„You told me often enough that I am no agent. It's the same like telling me heads on that I don't belong. Other than that, why shouldn't I believe that you would tell on me? Even Alejandra is sure about it, otherwise she wouldn't of panicked nor would she be lying in a hospital bed right now." I answer her matter of factly after a deep sigh. What was she expecting? That I would just take her words for a fact? Definitely won't happen! Her eyes have widened instantly at my explanation, she also seems to get sadder and sadder, but I am here to tell the truth. She also wanted to know the why and how's.
„I did say that, however not in the meaning that you didn't belong! Far from that! I wanted you to think about getting an agent!" Hetty starts of. It surprises me that, that's what she was meaning, but who knows. Maybe she only wants to look her better now.
„I know that you don't believe me, but it's the truth." she says after watching all those emotions run through my face.
„And it hurts to know that Alejandra as well is thinking about me that lowly." she says with a shake of her head, her eyes have gone teary also.
„I can't do anything about you quitting. And if it really is what you truly want, than so be it. But never! Not even in the slightest, would I ever betray you or any of my team! Our team always was and always will be like a family! Like I said, it's your choice to leave the team. That however doesn't apply to the family! So be Martin Deeks the liaison NCIS police officer, or be just Martin Deeks, it's your Choice! But there is absolutely no reason for you to start completely new again!" she tells me strictly after she has gotten her emotions back together. With that being said, she turns around and walks to Callen's room where the rest of the team is already talking to one another. Shaking my head and taking some deep breaths, I decide to go back to Alejandra's side. That's exactly where I belong and where I want to be. At least for as long as I am able to!
„How was it?" Christian asks me the second he sees it's me who is entering. A smile immediately appears on my face, those guys do really care, they are my family, my home and definitely my safe haven!! The only thing that is missing right now, is Alejandra being awake already. And kensi. But that is something I will have to think about when I do know what I am going to do. Do i trust that Hetty won't tell anyone? Or do I get my mum as well as myself back into hiding?
„Honestly? I don't know." I answer him with a heavy sigh. Going back to the chair I was sitting in before, again taking Alejandra's unmoving hand in mine.
„She said all the right things, but I don't know if she just said them to get what she wants, or if she really means it. If it would be just my safety I might would take the risk." I tell them before taking a deep breath.
„But I have to think about my mum also. As well as kensi and all of you guys." I add, knowing they would understand.
„Whatever you decide on doing, we will always be there for you! You know at least that for sure!" Paul says with a small smile towards me. And he is right, the only thing I know for a fact is that they will be there for me no matter what!