Early mornings

Callen's pov:
I still am euphoric about what I had heard Alejandra telling Chris. It's absolutely amazing that she just like myself feel drawn to me as i feel drawn to her. So hopefully i am able to really try to persuade her into going on a date with me. As much as I got out of their conversation, her whole team always wanted to safe her from any heart pain. Thats why they always shielded her off from any men that showed any interest because they thought they weren't good enough for her. It surprised me that with this knowledge Chris, who seemed to be the overprotective type, wasn't against me. He even said he thought it could work out between the two of us. I don't know how I feel about Deeks telling them about my life. However if that has gotten them to see me worthy of Alejandra than so be it. It blew my mind as she told him that she is sure I would never be interested in her! How has she such a low self esteem?
Thinking about our little banter before falling asleep makes me smile like an idiot! I can't remember when I last had this much fun with someone. And I can't even tell anyone how awesome it felt when I got her to blush.
A knock on the door lets me look up and gets myself out of my head.
As Sam enters I immediately feel myself get more and more worried! He looks absolutely terrible. I try to sit myself up, the immense pain in my chest stopped that instantly thought! The pained noise that has left my lips seems to also have woken up and alerted Alejandra who immediately starts to fire question after question at me while examining my wound with a frown.
„I am fine! Just realized that sitting up by myself isn't pretty intelligent." i tell her with a shrug which she o my rolls her eyes at me.
stupid! He is just stupid!" she mutters to herself. The loud laughter from her teammates that were standing behind Sam let's me look in between them with a frown. What did she say that made them laugh that hard.
„You are just tired sugar! And he may be stupid but he just woke up, he definitely learned not to do it again." Chris tells her softly. He pulls her into a hug and kisses her forehead, the rest of her team also followed him with the greetings.
„He should know by now! Wasn't the first time he had woken me because he touched his wound or sat up by himself!" Alejandra tells them a bit irritated.
„Hey! How are you doing G?" sam asks me, completely ignoring the others.
„Good, a bit tired but other than that I am fine." I answer him after a sigh.
„What about you thought? You don't look Good at all." i question him worried about him. He is pale and he has huge dark rings under his eyes.
„I am going to be perfectly fine if you finally stop trying to die on me!" he answers me accusingly. Sighing again, I feel awful that he was worrying about me so much.
„Don't worry about it. Just get well soon! I kind of miss your annoying ass." he tells me with a chuckle.
„How is Michelle and the Kids?" i ask him. Hoping to get his mind on something else than me and my health condition.
„I called Michelle earlier today, she and the kids are doing perfectly fine. They are worried about you though, they also asked me to tell you to get well soon!" he tells me with a smile.
„Why did you call Michelle? Isn't she at home?" I question him with furrowed brows.
„They are at home, i however stayed at a hotel tonight. Didn't felt right to leave your sorry but alone, let alone more than 15 minutes away from you. Especially after you nearly died again!" he answers me matter of factly. It feels nice to know that he cares that much about me to even stay at a hotel and not with his family. I however know how much his family means to him so I need to make it clear that he needs to get back home to them. They need him, just like he needs them!
„It means a lot to me that you wanted to stay near by. But only this once ok? Today you need to sleep back at your house with your family!" I instruct him.
„Well can't do that! Michelle ordered me to stay near you at all time as well as the kids. They want their uncle back so I got told to make sure that will happen!" he tells me matter of factly. Shaking my head at him and his family. I always knew that they were stubborn about something or someone they cared for, but I never thought this someone ever could be me.
„That's nonsens and you know that! I am perfectly fine and Alejandra also sleeps in here. So no need for you guys to worry so much about me." I try to explain. Not really feeling ok for him to stay away from his family because of me.
„Don't be stupid G! You are Family so we care and that means I have to make sure you stay safe and sound. No offense o Alejandra, but she may also needs a bit of a breather from you from time to time!" he tells me with a wide smirk knowing fully well that I don't want her to leave this room. Yes I know that's selfish from me, but how should I persuade her if she isn't around!
„Don't worry Sam, I am more than alright with staying with your partner. I am pretty used to stay with way more annoying people than him." alejandra tells sam with a smile before telling me to take my medication. And like the good patient I am, I take the few tablets after she explained to me which one is for which.
what happend with he is stupid?" Deeks asks her mischievously which makes the whole team laugh again.
you know what. Why don't you guys go and get some breakfast?" she tells them sounding slightly annoyed with them. Which they only laugh even louder at but left only seconds after, with another kiss to her forehead.
I don't know why but I kind of have the feeling they only do it to provoke me, otherwise there won't be any reason for them to smirk at me!
„Can you stay with him for a few minutes?" she asks Sam after shaking her head at her former team.
„Course." sam answers her and pulls a chair closer to my bed.
„So tell me what happened between you guys! And don't give me any bullshit excuse either! I know you and you know that you can't lie to me so safe the time!" he instructs me with shining eyes as soon as the bathroom door has closed behind Alejandra.
„Nothing happend." I start but he immediately interrupts me with a frown and another no bullshitting!
„Well, I just wanted to start! You were the one interrupting me!" I tell him angrily before again starting my explanation.
„Nothing has happened! I however overheard a conversation between Chris and Alejandra." I tell him quietly not wanting Alejandra to hear.
„And?" he asks since I didn't go on.
„And he made her admit that there is something going on between us." I tell him with a small smile.
„She said that she couldn't explain it but she kind of feels connected to me. Like she is drawn towards her." I add softly. It's kind of weird to tell him but I do need to talk with someone about it. So why not with my brother!?
„That's awesome G! He tells me with a huge smile.
„I am so happy for you! You really deserve to finally find your special someone!" he adds with honest eyes. Just as I wanted to open my eyes again, Gibbs along with Hetty enter the door.
„How are you doing Mister Callen?" Hetty asks as soon as she sees me awake.
„I am good Hetty. Seems like Alejandra stitched me back up together." I answer her and Gibbs with a smile.
„Hmm, seems like it!" Gibbs says with his eyes pressed into slots.
„Where is Alejandra?" he asks us as soon as he realizes that his daughter is nowhere to be seen.
„Dad! Hetty! What are you doing here this early?" Alejandra questions them happy while running right into Gibbs openly waiting arms.
„We came to look after your patient. It seems like he is doing pretty well already." Gibbs answers her while looking in between the both of us.
not now." she pleads with him and he nods in conformation.
later then." he answers her.
„What's with the foreign language again?" Hetty asks them irritated.
„Nothing Hetty! Just asking her to go eat with me later on. Scooter also needs a long Walk again. Don't you baby boy?" Gibbs answers her without missing a beat before softly petting said dog who had ran to his side right as he entered the room.
„That sounds good. Maybe another doctor can watch after Mister Callen instead for a few hours. Maybe even Deeks since he seemed so familiar with you and this hospital." Hetty says with a slight motherly tone.
„He is a friend." Alejandra tells her in explanation.
„Of course he is." Hetty answers her with a role of her eyes.