Whats with Deeks

Callen's pov:
„What is the matter Alejandra? Why are you suddenly so tense?" I ask her after she took a seat next to me on the bed.
„What are you going to do with Deeks? He had a good reason to get a new identity, and it could get pretty dangerous for him if the wrong people hear that he still is alive." she asks me unsure how I am going to react.
„I don't know what you are talking about. Deeks had a family issue, he wasn't even near the city." I answer her in a duh tone.
„You mean it." she asks me relieved but still a bit unsure if she should believe me or not.
„A team is a family! My team is my family and there isn't going to happen anything to any of my family members! And I am sure Sam sees that like me!" I tell her sincerely but also with finality. A relieved smile spreads around her face and than all of a sudden I have my arms full of a giddy Alejandra.
„Thanks! That means a lot to me!" she replies softly with teary eyes.
„No need to thank me. Deeks is as much my family member as he is yours." I answer her with a soft smile.
„Am I interrupting something?" sam asks awkwardly from the doorway.
„Not at all. We however need to talk to you for a second as well." I answer him with a smile. After his nod Alejandra explains him the whole situation as well as she has done to me only minutes prior. Sam's confused face makes me smile even before he answers her.
„what are you talking about? Deeks was with his mum." he questions her in return with a roll of his eyes.
„What about his phone? You called him." she asks as if suddenly remembering that bit.
„Guess you borrowed his phone from him as you left the hospital than." I tell her with a shrug of my shoulder.
„Thank you guys! You have absolut no idea how much that means to me or to the whole team." she answers us in thanks.
„Don't worry about it, I got quit used to him and his strange behavior." sam tells her with a shrug. And since that all was taken care off, I start to eat my pancakes that now have gotten pretty cold, still they taste good. Especially for hospital food!
„How are you doing anyway G? Alejandra needed to operate for nearly twelve hours on you!" sam asks me with worry clearly to hear. What? She operated twelve hours on me!? No wonder she was and still looks so exhausted!
„Don't look at me like that, i ran on way less sleep so don't worry about it." she tells me with a shrug while happily eating her pancakes. Scooter was currently eating his own food down by Alejandra's feet.
„I am good. Thanks for asking." I answer sam with a small smile only for Alejandra to cough at my statement.
„Ok!" i say with my arms lift in the air.
„I still am in pretty much pain but for what happened I am alright. Happy!?" I add with a roll of my eyes. Her giggles make me feel all funny inside, but that needs to stop since she has a boyfriend already. At least I think she has, not sure she would tell whoever that they love them! Sam only looks between us with a certain glint in his observing eyes. I only shake my head at him for him to just drop it. Just as he was about to open his mouth however Hetty along with Gibbs enter the room as well. Both of them look from me to Alejandra in worry.
„we are Good. No need to look so worried." I tell them before slightly flinching since I accidentally have hit my chest with my right arm. Damn that shit hurt!
„Yeah, I can see that! Alejandra, love, how are the two of you really doing? You look Tired." Hetty says before turning her attention towards Alejandra.
„Callen is doing better than expected, to be honest. He also is going to stay in bed for the remaining recovery time!" she tells them soothingly. They look shocked at that bit of information but none the less happy about it.
„What about you sweetheart?" Gibbs asks her with furrowed brows.
„I am fine as well daddy! I am going to nap a bit later and than I am as good as new." she answers him with a smile. He only pulls her into a tight hug before kissing her forehead softly.
„That's Good. I am afraid I need to ask you what happened with Mister Deeks? You said he was there at the shooting, he however was nowhere to be found." Hetty asks us, well more like interrogates us.
„I don't know Hetty. I only found his phone there, but as we got there we also didn't see him anywhere around." I tell her with a small shrug, acting like I seriously am thinking about it myself.
„Oh, that's the blond one right?" Alejandra asks in wonder. And after a nod from us all she goes on to explain that she has taken his phone with her as they left the hospital since she needed to get my phone number.
Sneaky I have to say!!
„Oh! So why did you say you where talking to Mister Deeks?" Hetty questions me in her stern voice.
„Because Alejandra asked me to keep it a secret that they only acted like they got kidnapped. I am sorry Hetty." I apologize with my head hanging low in shame.
„Alright then. That explains it all then." she says with a slight nod.
„Is Paul with Matthew again?" Gibbs asks us all. Not in the slightest surprised that we all act like Deeks wasn't out there even though he had seen him himself.
„They should be! I at least gave Matty the day off with the instructions to take care of Paul. You know How he is after he got hurt." Alejandra tells her with a small laugh.
„Good! I am happy you all got out there alright. Marco and his group is already taken care of, just so you know. I am afraid I need to take my leave now. Since Mister Deeks as well as Mister Callen still are of Duty we are a bit in Stress." Hetty says sadly before leaving the room to get back to work.
„What is with Deeks?" Gibbs asks us as soon as he is sure Hetty was gone. Alejandra once again explained everything to her dad who also only agrees to staying quiet on that topic.
„Now we only have to figure out what to tell kensi." Alejandra mutters to herself.
„Oh! That is something Deeks has to figure out himself!" I tell her with a chuckle. And only seconds later everyone also starts to chuckle or in Alejandra's case giggle at my statement.