Waking up again

Callen's pov:
Annoying beeping wakes me up once again. Slowly opening my eyes only to look around in wonder. Where the hell am I? I thought I staid at Alejandra's house or did Gibbs bring me back to the hospital? Next to my bed is a chair with a small huddled figure on it. Wait! Isn't that Alejandra? But I thought, how did she come back here? Slowly I lift my arm towards my chest only to slightly flinch at the pain that shot through my body. And just like that I remember! Me getting Sam to take me along to where we suspect Deeks to be. The shooting and the acting from Alejandra. Me getting more and more tired from going down that mountain, a few time tumbling over however without anyone noticing. And the worried face from Alejandra as I finally took a seat at the feet from the mountain.
Once again I look around the room. Scooter is curled around Alejandra's body as if helping her to stay warm. On my right side are huge windows that allow me to look up towards the moon that gently lightens up the room. Sighing once, before trying to quietly sit myself up. The pain however makes that a really hard task for me, as well as scooter who lifts his head from Alejandra's feet to look right at me in alarm. He slowly uncurls himself from Alejandra's body and makes his way towards me. He jumps up on the bed and whines once at me before licking my cheek. A small smile appears on my face as he cuddles up to me.
„Guess you woke up again." Alejandra's tired voice says from next to me.
„How are you doing Callen?" she asks with a small frown.
„I am good. What happened that I lost consciousness out there?" I ask her since I have no idea what had happened.
„I told you to stay in bed and rest because your body needed time to heal. On top of that, all your moving around not only weakened the batch on your aorta but also shifted the shrapnel I told you about. So to put it simple, your aorta once again ripped and the shrapnel hurt your right heart muscle as well." she answers me tiredly. Her whole body language and facial expression screams exhausted. I honestly feel awful, knowing fully well I am the reason why she couldn't sleep.
„Sorry." i whisper softly in apology.
„It's fine, I would of done the same. Still, promise me that this time you will stay in bed till I give you the go ahead again!" she answers with a tired smile.
„Ok, i promise." I tell her honestly not feeling that bed for a while.
„Thank you. How about the pain? Is it bearable or do you want some pain medication?" she asks me softly with a thankful smile. She looks at least ten years younger than when I first met her and saw her out at Marcos house.
„Honestly, I wouldn't say no to some pain medication. It really hurt when I move or touch my chest." I tell her in resignation. Normally I would never ever take some pain meds, but right now I am way to tired and way to tired of being in pain!
„Ok, i am just going to add the pain medication to your other infusion." she says soothingly while already adding something with a syringe into the iv.
„You should try and sleep some more, I am sure you are going to get swarmed by visitors come morning." she softly whispers as my eyes already get smaller and smaller.

The next time I wake up it's to someone opening the door. Slowly I blink my eyes to get accustomed to the bright light in here. Matthew smiles at me while lifting his finger in front of his mouth and nodding towards a still sleeping Alejandra. He pushes a small button next to the window and the blinds slowly shut automatically. Then he quietly takes a step closer towards me to check my vitals before leaving the room once again. However not before thanking me for bringing them all back. Since there was nothing to do in this room, I watch Alejandra's sleeping form. She looks so tiny and cute in that huge chair. Her long wavy hair surrounds her like a blanket. Scooter must of also walked back to her after I fell asleep since his head lays on her flat stomach. Her feet are also clinging to her body as if she try's to keep herself warm. Why hasn't she taken a blanket? She must be freezing with only the old navy shirt on! Seeing Matthew outside of the door talking to someone, I quickly wave at him to come over. He immediately does so when he sees me with a worried frown, that however quickly changes as I ask him to please get Alejandra a blanket. With a soft smile he nods and only a few seconds later he returns with a fluffy blanket that he softly lays over her body. When he left the room again I finally see the rest of whom he was talking to. Chris, Deeks and Paul stand there, Matthew immediately cuddles into Paul's chest when he gets back out. The other guy I am not sure about, but I think it's the guy that flew me from the other hospital to here. They all look over to me, unsure of what to think of me and Deeks a bit afraid? Why would he be afraid of me? I never have done anything to him so what is the matter with him?
„New identity." I suddenly remember him saying that. Is that what he is worried about? The next time I look up towards them, they all where gone again. Ok?
A phone ringing gets not only mine but also Alejandra's attention.
„Hello?" she says into the phone still tired it seems.
„Of course! Don't worry about it Matthias! I am going to talk to him. Sure, I understand. I call you right afterwards, alright?" she says with a worried frown and an unsure look towards me.
„Ok, talke care! Love you!" she softly whispers before ending the call. The love you strangly had stung, but it is what it is. She is Gibbs daughter anyway, therefore it wouldn't of worked out anyway. I think before sighing deeply.
„I am going to get ready real quick. And afterwards I would like to talk to you about something if that is alright for you?" she says a bit unsure, but why. I only nod at her in confirmation, to irritated to form a coherent thought or sentence. Matthew also enters the room looking unsure at me before putting some breakfast on my bed table and another set of breakfast on the desk next to Alejandra's makeshift bed.