The talk and waking up

Alejandra's pov:
It now has been another 4 hour surgery with Callen. Hopefully it's the last one because his surgery's get more and more difficult since every time I stitch something new up, there is another weak spot. At least till the wound heals up completely. And as everyone knows, a heart isn't that big to place stitches and or patches.
„Are you alright Jandra?" Chris asks from next to me with a small frown.
„I am fine. How are you?" I answer him after a sigh.
„you like him quiet a bit, don't you?" he asks me instead of answering my own question.
„No idea what you are talking about. I don't even know him." I answer him defensively.
„Hey, it's me. No one else is here with us, and you know you can trust me!" he tells me with honest eyes. His huge warm hand placed on top of my way colder and smaller one in assurance. Thinking about if I should or shouldn't tell him. I mean I don't even know myself what I am feeling and why I feel such a connection with Callen. Maybe it's because I see him as Hetty's son? Or it's the fact that he means so much to my dad?
„Honestly, I don't know what I feel." I answer him after taking a few deep breaths.
„The only thing I do know is that I kind of feel drawn to him. Like there is a connection that I can't explain." I tell him with a frown since I really don't know why I feel like that.
„Maybe you feel like that because the both of you are meant to be together. You deserve to finally find someone who loves you like you deserve to be loved." he says with a soft smile.
„You know we always ran Of pretty much anyone who showed you any interest. But we only did it because we felt like they aren't good enough for you. We wanted to keep you safe and not get your heart broken." he explains to me softly.
„So why don't you talk me out of this, whatever this may be?" I ask him with wonder. It's true, they never let anyone get close to me. So why doesn't he talk me out of this?
„Because he looks at you just like you look at him. And I am pretty sure that he wouldn't hurt you, or lead you on. He may also don't understand what's going on, but he cares for you. That much I know for sure!" he answers me without a hesitation and a huge smile.
„Since when are you so positive about things like this? You always only see the negative so why change your usual outlook?" I question knowing fully well that there is something he isn't telling me.
„Ok, ok you got me!" he says with raised arms and after sighing deeply.
„The guys and I talked today while we waited for you to call. Matthias told us about Callen's love life, or the lack of it. He always wanted a family, a place to call home and to belong to. Maybe you are his home, you two kind of complete each other. It's strange to watch, especially for someone who always ran off everyone, but it's true." he explains to me even after I glare at him because I hate it when they discuss me or my life behind my back.
„Whatever. Maybe this whole thing doesn't mean anything. It's pretty hard to believe that he would even have any interest in me." I answer in an almost whisper. Embarrassed of even saying something like this. I know I often come off as a bitch that does whatever i may like and that I am extremely confident in myself. But the truth is I have a very low self esteem. Yes I know I am a pretty good doctor and an alright team leader, but there are way more experienced ones out there. Dad and Hetty as well as my team always trie to make me see how good I am, but I don't see that at all. Maybe it's because I still feel like I am not worth anything because my parents family didn't care enough to take me in after they died overseas. But who knows. It isn't important anyway.
„I doubt that sweetheart. I really do! Maybe you didn't realize that his heart stopped beating as I asked you to marry me. He doesn't know us, so of course he thought I am serious. But his heart stopped to beat for a bit and than startet to beat extremely fast, that's what had made the patches rip. Maybe you should think about that." he tells me softly while hugging me tightly to himself before leaving me alone in the room.

What however none of them had realized, was the fact that Callen had in fact woken up again!! He quietly had listened in on their conversation with relief and hope that he may has a chance to get together with Alejandra.

Since I don't know what I should be doing now, I decided to take a quick shower before taking a small nap, since it's never a good idea to get to deep into my head. Quickly checking Callen's monitors before heading for the bathroom. Of course not before telling pascal to please have an eye on Callen while I am showering.
The warm water slowly relax my tight muscles and I slowly wash the stress from the last few days away. After quickly drying up. I apply my favorite body lotion that smell of vanilla before brushing my teeth and dress in a fresh pair of panties and dads old and worn out navy shirt. Honestly I have no idea how it still has a faint smell of dad, since I own the shirt for over 10 years now, but I am happy that it does since it soothes me to no end. Slowly I make my way back to the hospital room where to my surprise an awake Callen is waiting for me.
„Since when are you awake?" I ask him relieved since he looks alright. Especially for someone who got operated on that often in the last few days.
„Hey. Not long. I just heard the shower turn on, so I thought i wait for you to come back out." he answers me while studying my body before realizing what he is doing and quickly looking me back in my eyes.
„Do you feel any pain?" I ask him while walking to his bed so I can look at his new stitches to make sure there is no blood leaking out.
„It feels kind of weird, but no pain." he answers me after a cough. My fingers slowly and pretty softly caress over the stitches, as to not hurt him, before carefully putting a new medical strip on them.
„that's good, if you start to feel any pain, please tell me right away!" I tell him softly.
„What is the last thing you remember?" I add questioning. Not sure if he remembers what had happened before I had sedated him.
„You. I mean, the last thing I saw was you. You told me that you have to operate on me again. That I should relax and that you would do the rest." He tells me with furrowed brows.
Sighing in relief that he doesn't have any memory loss from the medication.
„That's true, i did say that." I answer him with a small smile and relieve.
„i have send your team as well as Hetty and dad home for the night. I hope you don't mind. They staid till you got into your new room and got settled in, but since it already was 11pm I thought they should sleep for a bit." I tell him, hoping he was fine with my decision. For some odd reason I don't want him to be mad at me for that or anything to be honest.
„That's completely fine. But why the new room?" he says with a smile that turns into wonder at the end.
„Well, it was pretty critical. That's why Chris and I decided to operate right in the hospital room since we where afraid you wouldn't survive the way to the OR." i answer him after a heavy sigh. This time it was a really close call, the last times it was pretty critical as well, but nothing compared to this time.
„That bad huh?" he asks with a tired smile which angers me quite a bit.
„That's not funny Callen!! I really thought I lost you!" I tell him angrily before realizing what I had said.
„I mean, how should I of told dad and Hetty that you died on my table?" I try to reason even though I am pretty sure that he knows that's not what I meant. And his mischievous smile tells me that he knows what I truly meant!
„Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving you for a long time!" he says with a smile and tired eyes that shine in honesty.
„Shut up!" I tell him embarrassed and a huge blush.
„You should sleep some more. It's only 1 am." I instruct him trying to sound sternly but he only smiles at me.
„Alright, but only so you can sleep. You look exhausted." he answers a bit worried after studying me a minute.
„Good night Callen!" i say softly before pushing the big chair closer to his bed. Scooter only lifts his head before curling himself around my body, and that's exactly how I fell asleep. With scooter cuddled up to me and Callen's eyes on me.