Paul?

Alejandra's pov:
„What would you like to do about the shrapnel?" dad asks me from beside me, scooter laying half on him.
„The best thing to do, would be to surgically remove it. It seems to not be moving but with him being an agent. I think it would be safer that way." I explain to him. If he would be working in an office or anything like that, I wouldn't find it necessary but being an agent, he has other, let's say movements than others.
„When would you recommend it?" Hetty asks from the doorway. Shrugging my shoulders, knowing that Callen won't like that piece of information at all.
„As quick as possible. Since he is on bed rest for quite some time right now, it would be the easiest to shoot two birds at once." I answer them all matter of factly.
„Why not in, i don't know, two months?" Callen questions a bit annoyed but more cool about it than I thought.
„Because If we would Wait we would double your recovery time. It's your call to make, I only am voicing my opinion." I tell him while petting Scooter since he was whining since dad and I haven't given him any attention the last few minutes.
„Little one? Do you have a Second?" mattys hectic voice asks. Immediately going into alert since he sounded really worried.
„Let's get out here." he says with a nod at dad.
„What is the matter matty? Is everything ok?" I question since his nervousness slowly starts to rub off on me.
„It's Paul. He got shot while being on duty." he tells me with tears already running down his cheeks.
„Where? Matty! Where is he!?" I ask feeling my heart breaking for my best friend who looks like a mess.
„He is on the way here." he whimpers out.
„Dad!" I shout towards the room we left only seconds prior.
„What happend?" he asks, looking between matty and myself.
„Look after him. I don't want him near the OR!" I tell dad.
„As soon as I can, I am going to call and tell you what the matter is!" I tell Matty while hugging him tightly.
„Please!?" he begs.
„Everything possible! I promise!" I reassure him before running of towards the emergency room. The whole station was a complete mess, no one knew what to do. It was clear to see that it was a complete chaos.
„Where is Paul?" I loudly ask into the suddenly quiet room.
„Alejandra! Over here!" Chris shouts back from across the room. Hurrying over there, I take a deep breath when I see his condition.
„Don't worry Paul, we are going to help you!" I tell him, softly squeezing his shoulder.
„We need to get a CT scan and than off to the surgery!" I voice my thoughts while looking at all his wounds.
„Ok, Let's get moving people!" Chris says and off we went.

Callen's pov:
„What is going on?" I ask Gibbs since he seems worried.
„Nothing." he mumbles while walking up and down by the door till Alejandra shouts out to him.
„Hetty?" i try again to get some answers but she completely ignores me. Having enough of that, I decide to get out and look for myself what the matter is.
„Don't even think about it!" Gibbs sternly tells me, while softly placing a completely distressed looking atthew on the couch. Scooter immediately cuddles up to him, whining and licking his fingers.
„Gibbs?" Hetty questions softly.
„Paul got shot, Alejandra went down stairs to help." Gibbs answers her which indicates Matthew to whimper even louder. Cuddling Scooter closer into his body.
„Oh dear, don't worry. He is going to be fine, you know he is strong. He is going to be fine." Hetty tells him reassuringly patting his shoulder, while I look on completely confused.
Gibbs with Hetty are constantly reassuring Matthew that this Paul guy will come out stronger than before. Me on the other hand, I just try to be as invisible as possible since I don't want to intrude. It is obvious from Matthews reaction how important Paul has to be for him, so whatever is going on isn't good at any means. I would love to leave the room to give them some privacy but I am not allowed to. Still it feels wrong to just lay here and watch how Matthews world seems to implode. It would be easier if I would know him, then I at least could try to reassure him that everything is going to be fine, but since that's not the case, I have no idea what the right thing to say would be.
„I should, I should check, check on mr. Callen." Matthew stutters out two hours later.
„You don't have to Matthew, we can get another doctor to look after him." Hetty says motherly.
„I am fine Matthew. You really don't have to." I try to get him to sit down again since his feet are quit wobbly.
„I need to make sure the shrapnel hasn't moved, so please lift your shirt up." he tells me hoarse from all his crying. Seeing that he won't go back to the couch till he got a look at my shrapnel, that I didn't even know I have before today! I lift up my shirt in hopes his knees won't give out under him.
„You are Lucky Alejandra found it, otherwise it could have hurt your heart muscle or artery." he explains sadly.
„I know. And as I was told repeatedly since yesterday, she is the best, so I am sure she is doing her very best to safe Paul." I answer him honestly. He gives me a watery smile before nodding at me and heading back to the couch. A sudden commotion outside lets us all look up. Beds got pushed around, patients getting new rooms, and then the elevator dings loudly. Seeing Alejandra with another doctor pushing a bed with a patient to the room next to mine.
„Paul!" Matthew shouts out tearily before hurrying after them.
„Excuse me for a minute." Gibbs says and walks after Matthew. 15 minutes have passed since Gibbs has left the room, it also is 15 minutes since someone has said anything. Hetty and i both watch worriedly, as Alejandra and the second doctor set up the new patient. Gibbs is holding Matthew softly so he won't interrupt them, while Alejandra explains to him what happens. From her facial expressions I would say he is on the way to get better. As soon as the room was set up and Gibbs Let Matthew lose, he sprints to Alejandra and hugs her tightly before taking a seat next to the bed. Gibbs along with Alejandra walk back over towards us while the second doctor stays with Matthew.
„Maybe you should rest for a little while darling. You look exhausted!" Gibbs softly tells Alejandra who really looks like she is gonna collapse any second.
„I guess I could rest for a bit. Just make sure to wake me if anything is changing on any of those two." she mumbles in between yawns. Hetty has already pulled out the couch again so Alejandra could lay down. And within a minute she is sound asleep.
„Ok. Can you guys tell me now what the heck was going on?" I question Gibbs and Hetty alone since no one has told me anything.