Chapter 3: Stick To Your Guns.

I was smacking on my gum at work, and had my face in the palm of my hand while leaning on the counter, I had an entire hour left on my shift. I groaned and stood up straight, it's been dead for over an hour.

"Francisco, can we please close up early! No ones been here in a while." I asked him and he snickered.

"Ah, my sweet Vanity." He said while walking over to me, gently cupping the sides of my face,
"You know anyone can come through that door, it's Friday night someone will be here...go take a smoke." He told me and I sighed softly, nodding as I reached for my jacket and pack of smokes.

"I'll come with you." Lucia said and I nodded,
"Man, Tonya was so lucky she was able to get tonight off..I wonder what she's doing" I said out loud while lighting my smoke and taking a drag,

"She's sick Vanity! I don't want her touching everyone's food." Lucia said with a laugh, and I chuckled too,
"That's right...still lucky would rather be at home too." It told her and took another drag, watching the smoke twirl up into the night sky.

"Did you see the band will be here next weekend?! We should go!" Lucia said, as I glanced over and nodded at her words.

They made it big finally, Mötley Crüe that is.
Every radio station is playing them just about, and their faces are everywhere along the sunset strip. They've been traveling up and down the west coast for the first part of the new year, and now they'll be back home for a few weeks before leaving again for another tour.

"Girls! We got a crowd!" Francisco peaked his head out the back door.I took a drag then flicked the cigarette away.

"It better be a fucking crowd...or I swear I'm going home." I told Lucia, she agreed with me. We headed back inside and I grabbed my notepad and pen as we walked out of the swinging kitchen door

"Lucia! Vanity! Miss me?!" It was Tommy, who was surrounded by the guys and a few chicks for tonight's entertainment, the only one that was missing was Nikki Sixx himself.

"Of course we did!" Lucia said while dragging me along. She gave Tommy a kiss on the cheek and he pulled me into a hug, "You're so shy! Get over here!" He said and messed up my hair. I quickly ran my fingers through it to fix it.

"You girls gotta come party with us! Where's the other one!" Vince shouted, as Mick stayed quiet as always and took a sip from his flask.
I liked him a lot, he seemed to be the immovable object in this unstoppable force.

"She's at home with the flu." I told them and they groaned,
"What a bummer, she was hot!" Vince said as I cleared my throat,
"Um..where's Nikki?" I asked them, seeing the three men dressed in black give each other a look and then moved their gaze towards me.

Someone coughed behind me and I turned around, "Good to see you again, doll face."
Nikki spoke, while taking the chance to check out my work uniform that consisted of a short black skirt, black tee shirt and a pair of torn up converse.

"It's uh...good to see you too?" I wasn't to confident when I said that and he smirked at me,
"Jack and Coke." He said without even looking at me, and I wrote it down.

"Go on! Get! Give us some damn peace and quiet!" Vince yelled and shooed the girls away and they ended up leaving the diner,
"Broads give me a headache sometimes." I chuckled, who would have thought?