Chapter 72: Take Me Home, Country Roads

"Get your finger out of my nose

"Get your finger out of my nose."

Nikki's boyish chortle ringed through my ears. I closed my eyes and leaned back against the seat as I attempted to doze off again. "Come on. The passenger is always supposed to stay awake during road trips. What if I don't see something that's in my blind side?"

"Then I guess we die." I mumbled as I put the hoodie back over my face, only for Nikki to tug it off me, "Sixx, just let me sleep. I got us all the way through California and halfway through Nevada. Do you even have a clue how boring driving through the desert was?"

He sighed before giving up, "Fine, fine. You can nap just like Ari too."

I mumbled a thank you before I started to drift off while listening to country music attempting to come through the static of the radio, "And stop eating all my jerky." I snatched the bag out of his lap when I heard the crinkle of the plastic.

"Yeah, take a nap. You're getting cranky." Nikki chuckled as he rested his hand on my thigh. I closed my eyes again, placing my hand on top of his.

"You're gonna love it. Fresh air and no smog. No traffic. No outrageous stores for you to spend money. Just you, me and Arianna. Maybe we can go on a hike. Ari's gonna love it.. Tom has a few farm animals too." I pretended to be fast asleep as Nikki sighed and took his hand away from me.

"I'm gonna stick my finger up your nose again if you don't wake up." Nikki warned, it wasn't even a warning as he was already doing it.

"Nikki. Stop. I don't know where your hands have been." I said, smacking his hand away from my face. I brought the chair up as I gave up on trying to sleep.

"Let me stick my finger up your nose again so you can get a whiff and figure out where it was this morning before we left." Nikki quickly dipped his hand between my legs, mine closing on instinct and my hand reaching for his wrist.

"You're such a pig." I laughed,  "Just focus on the road." I took his hand and placed it on the steering wheel, "Ten and two Nikki."

I noticed we were driving through a small little town, seeing a sign saying Jerome, Idaho. Population 7,000. "I feel like I'm going to get dismembered out here." I mumbled to myself as I saw people walking down the sidewalk and staring at Nikki's fancy Chevy truck.

"Well Miss, a pretty little thing like you just might. I wouldn't be reckon you go out after dusk." Nikki joked in his best country accent.

I blinked once and we were already out of the what I believe is Main Street and we started driving down a dirt road, "He lives in the middle of nowhere?" I asked as Nikki chuckled.