Chapter 65: Sleepover

"I have a delivery for Miss Vanity Blackwood?"

"Van! It's for you!"

I put down the laundry basket, messing with Arianna's hair as I walked past her to get to the front door, "Oh! These are gorgeous!" I smiled at the pink and violet roses that had a mix of baby breath sprinkled throughout the blooming flowers. He also handed over a white box with a silk red bow wrapped around it before giving me a paper to sign, "Thank you!"

I set the flowers down on the table, next to the other flowers that have been accumulating for the last few days. Nikki had been going out of his way with grand gestures, I told him it wasn't needed but he is adamant about it. So, I'm trying to be appreciative of it.

"Five bouquets of flowers in the past three days." Clementine groaned as I looked at all of them. I think the orange and purple carnations with the white tiger lilies are my favorite, "Not even your favorites-" Clementine tsk'd as I rolled my eyes, "For someone that is suppose to know you, he really misses the mark....the candy's good. It's been those caramel and pecan turtle things every time." She explained as she opened up the new box of chocolates and stuffed one into her mouth.

I chuckled, "For someone who misses the mark, he sure knows my favorite candy." I teased, "It's the thought that counts Clementine. It's sweet." I spoke in a soft tone as I admired all the flowers.

"Yeah, real sweet." She rolled her eyes and glared at the flowers, "Yelled at you in the middle of the damn hallway after making you watch him almost kill your boyfriend. That's real sweet. Girls just dream about that."

"Ex boyfriend." I corrected her as she nodded, "And, what can I say? I like my men with a little psychotic tendencies." I grinned as we both started laughing, "But I did tell him to cutback on the flowers. Arianna's been having a sneezing fit every time she walks past them...and I'm running out of room."

"Throw them away?" Clementine suggested as I let out a scoff and laughed.

"What?! No! They aren't dead yet!" I shouted playfully as Arianna came over and stole a piece of chocolate.

"Daddy got you more flowers?" She questioned, mouth full of chocolate and caramel as she stared up at me, "Told you it was too much." Clementine mumbled, mouth full of sweets too.

"Yes. Daddy sent me more flowers." I explained as she giggled and tried to take another piece of candy, "Last one Ari." I said sternly as she pouted slightly before nodding.

Clementine let out an amused grunt, "Huh? So you're calling him daddy too? That's cute." She teases as I felt my cheeks get a tad warmer.

"Shut up, it's not-just be quiet Clemmy." I stammered over my words as Arianna looked up at me, "Yeah? What's up princess?" I wrapped my arms around her before holding her at my side.

"Can we go see daddy yet?" She questioned as I shook my head, "He said he'd call when he was done with his work." Nikki had to have a conference call with his lawyers about Brandi refusing to sign the divorce papers because she wasn't getting everything she wanted from him. She wanted more money, plus royalties from his future earnings. It was fucked up. Plus, she was trying to say Nikki had abandoned her and the marriage. I mean, maybe he did. But he had a probable cause to do so.

But, that's not any of my business.

"You two seem to be getting along well. From all the stories I was expecting more chaos." Clementine pointed out as I grinned.