Chapter 25: London Calling

There was a soft knock on Vanitys bedroom door

There was a soft knock on Vanitys bedroom door. She quickly put her underwear on and the closest shirt she could find, which belonged to the occupant in her bed.

"What?" She whispered as she opened the door, only popping her head out,
"You have a phone call." Tonya said, confusing Vanity. Who the hell could be calling at eight thirty in the morning?

"I'll call them back later." Vanity said, trying to close the door in her roommates face, but Tonyas hand stopped it, as she shook her head. "

"Its Mick, you're probably gonna want to take this..." Tonya had a glimmer of sorrow as she told Vanity.
"Something happened..and, and you just need to talk to him." Vanity instantly becoming concerned. Pushing past Tonya and basically running down the stairs, not trying to miss a single step.
"Mick?" Vanity said his name with hesitation. "Morning hun, I'm sorry to be calling this early."
"What's going on Mick?" Vanity asked, Mick pausing for a moment, sending Vanity into a jumbled panicked mess. Thinking of every worse possible scenario, she finally spoke up again.
"Mick? What happened? Is everyone okay?"
"Yes, we're fine...Nikki, however, is not." Mick slowly told her, allowing her to understand. Vanity on the other hand felt a lump form in the back of her throat, as she was beginning to get sick to her stomach.

"Is he okay? What did he do?" Vanity sat down at the dining table, preparing herself for whatever Mick had to say.

"He's fine, he's alive, but he overdosed last night." Vanity closed her eyes, trying to keep the tears inside.
"He went to go score some smack last night, and the dude shot him up. Nikki wouldn't wake up, so the fucker started beating him with a baseball bat. When he still didn't wake up, he tossed his body into a dumpster."
Vanity covered her mouth, trying to keep her sobs in.
"Can I talk to him?" Vanity just needed to hear his raspy voice, the same voice that drove her wild and pissed her off all at once.
"He's sleeping, Van...can you come to us? I think he would benefit from it. I think all of us would." Mick questioned,
"Yeah, Van! We miss you!" Vanity smiled as she heard Tommy's voice in the background.

"Where are you guys?" Vanity asked softly, already thinking of where her next destination may be. "London, we're here for a few more days then we'll be in Canada." Mick replied, hoping that the brunette he's grown to love would come and help out, hopefully scaring Nikki straight.

"I don't know, him and I aren't on good terms at the moment." Vanity trailed off, feeling bad.
"I know, I just figured maybe with the space and time away it would be fine." Mick replied, Vanity nodded, and then sighed.
"Mick, I have a boyfriend now." She confided in him,
"You have a boyfriend?!" Mick spoke up, almost shocked.
"She has a boyfriend?!" Tommy shouted, physically hearing his shock. Vanity could tell Tommy was trying to take the phone away from Mick.
"Back off you fucking teenager." Mick barked at him, making Vanity laugh,
"Are you and this guy serious?" Mick asked,
"I mean he's sleeping over if that's what you mean...he's upstairs right now." Vanity replied, not really knowing what to say.
"Sixx isn't going to like that." Tommy said,
"Don't fucking say anything, I'll tell him myself." Vanity warned.
"Shut it, T-bone! Don't say a word about it." Mick ordered him.
"So, will you come?" Mick asked again, hoping his charm would work. Vanity sighed, unsure.
"C'mon sweetheart, please?" Mick was practically begging by this point.