Chapter 6: Anger Issues

January 83'

The cab dropped me off in front of my house. I carried my luggage up the steps while digging for my keys out of my purse, I unlocked the front door, "Lucia! Tonya! I'm home." I shouted quietly, since it was only around eleven in the morning on a Saturday and the two were more then likely hungover.

"Hey Vanny." Lucia came from the kitchen, a pink mug of coffee in her hands as her blonde hair was a fluffy mess. She glanced at me, giving me a look of sorrow as I knew what question was coming,
"How was your dad's service?"

I had just got back into town from being in Dallas for a week. My dad's cancer became terminal fairly quick,
"It was beautiful...he had a full twenty one gun salute and they gave my mom the flag." I exhaled deeply as I plopped down on the couch.

She followed right after me, "I'm sorry, I know you and your dad hand a wonderful relationship."
I nodded, silently thanking her.

"Where's Tonya?"

Lucia seemed to be thinking, "Um...I believe she is with her brother at the moment, something about getting some lunch and going to the movies since he flys back to Sacramento on Monday."

"Oh, I've just missed you two. I'll see her later tonight." I smiled as she returned one back.

"You'll have to give Nikki a call, let him know you're home. He's called a few times seeing if you were back yet. He leaves in a few days to head out on the road, Mötley is an act for the Monsters of Rock show in Donnington."

I grinned like a gossiping school girl, "He's sweet, I'll  call him in a little bit."

"Y'know, you have that boy in the palm of your hand, I'm surprised you haven't fucked him yet."

Should I take that as a compliment?

"Wha-what are you talking about? He's my friend and I'm surprised I even get along with him." I retorted, becoming confused at her words.

"C'mon, Vanity. Are you blind? He's totally trying to get into your pants. He doesn't try with me or Tonya, just you. Plus he's nicer to you then he is his own bandmates."

"Well, I'm sure he flirts with you two, too. And he's always hooking up with random whores so I'm positive it's not that. We just talk...about a lot of things. He tells me about his life and I tell some things about mine. We talk about our interests and what we don't like. Like friends do, like you and I do."

She rolled her eyes, "Vanity, please. Save me the spiel. Nikki totally digs you."

I didn't know if it was the short, but also dreadful flight or if it was the grieving process finally making its rounds through me.
I snapped, "Nikki fucking Sixx is just my god damn friend. Maybe I'll fuck him one day, who knows? But that's the extent of it, so get this fucked off idea out of your head, alright?"

She gave me that look, the 'Calm down before you get worked up and freak out on me' look.

"Sorry-" I was cut off by the phone ringing, "...I'll get it."

"Hello?"

"Vanity Kay Blackwood, What part of 'you aren't going back to Los Angeles do you not understand?'"