Chapter 79: Welcome To The Numb

~January 1st, 1996~

~January 1st, 1996~

I opened the hotel door, staring at a woman with a food cart, "Good morning Miss Blackwood, I have your breakfast." I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and moved so she could come in.

"I-I didn't order any breakfast..." I mumbled as I watched her put silver trays on the table, taking off the lids before pouring two cups of coffee.

"Well, you were quite adamant about getting french toast when you checked in, however our kitchen was closed at one in the morning." She explained as she also set down the newspaper.

"Oh god. I am so sorry if I said anything out of line to anyone that works here I was really drunk last night. Thank you for bringing this to us....Rebecca." I looked down at her name tag for a split second and smiled.

"Oh no, you were quite the entertainment last night. My coworkers were telling me all about it. You also booked a massage and facial today at three. Our spa room is on the 4th floor. Enjoy the rest of your stay."

I sat down and started eating, looking up when Clementine came out of the bathroom dressed in her clothes from last night, "Tommy's on his way to pick me up. We have plans with his parents this afternoon."

I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was eleven thirty, "Oh...well thanks for staying with me..." I avoided her glare and continued eating my breakfast, wincing when my stomach started churning.

"Are you gonna call Nikki?" She questioned as I closed my eyes and sat back in the chair, bits and pieces of our fight last night flooding my brain.

"Oh, uh. Yeah I'll call him after while." I took a sip of coffee, "Sorry for last night."

Clementine glanced at me through the mirror as she combed her fingers through her hair, "For what? I had fun last night." She chuckles, "It was just a dumb drunk argument. It happens to everyone. Yours are just a bit over the top, but that's also you as a person."

I chuckled a bit and took another bite, "Thanks for that Clemmy. But again I'm sorry, I know mine and Nikki's fights get out of hand quickly." I shook my head as I pushed the plate of food away from me.

"You know, when we were in New York and you'd tell me about the fights you had with him, I truly thought you were being dramatic. Clearly, I was wrong. That isn't healthy, Van."

I closed my eyes and nodded, "I know, I know." I grabbed my cup of coffee and dug through my purse for a cigarette.

"I gotta go. Tommy said he'd be downstairs at noon. I'll see you back at home later." Clementine came over and gave me a quick hug before she walked out the door.