Chapter 58: Vanity and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

-November 13th, 1994-
*Tommy's POV*

I pushed my hair out of my face, reaching over the center console to grab a bouquet of coral shade roses for Clementine. Vanity mentioned she had liked them. I adjusted my jacket before walking up the steps to her front door. I took a deep breath in and knocked on the front door.

"Oh, he-hey Tommy! I didn't know you'd be in the city! Come in, it's cold out." She replied with a smile, stepping out of the way so I can come in.

I turned around to hand her the roses, "Um, for you." I spoke quickly as she stared at them, "I Uh...I wanted to come see you. I mean, come see you and Van and Arianna."

She smelt the roses then brought them to a kitchen to grab a vase, "Well thank you, I appreciate the gesture. Are you hungry? Thirsty? How was your fli-"

I quickly cut her off, "Do you want to go on a date with me? To dinner maybe? We can go wherever you want. Sushi, a steakhouse, Italian, Thai, pizza? Wherever, I don't care."

She chuckled as she moved pieces of hair away from her glasses, "Okay, but it is kinda early..." I looked down at my watch and saw the time it was a quarter to three in the afternoon.

"Oh, well uh...I can go check in to my hotel and come back around...say seven?" I asked her, feeling like my insides were about to erupt.

She nodded, "Sounds like a date. But, I have to be at Vanity's by eleven, she has work tonight and I gotta be there with Ari."

I bounced with joy, "Oh yeah, of course. Not a problem, I'll see you later Clemmy."

I stepped out of the front door, turning around to smile back at her as I almost tripped down the stairs, "Careful Tommy." Clem giggled as she waved before closing her front door.

I got in my car, hands drumming against the steering wheel as I couldn't stop the stupid smile that was permanently etched upon my face.

*later that evening*

"You really ran through the hotel naked? And then the cops arrested Mick because they thought the complaints were about him?" Clementine questioned as I held the door open for her to Vanity's apartment building.

"Yeah, he spent the night in jail before we were able to bail him out. It was fucking great." I laughed as I followed her to the elevator.

Clementine rolled her eyes, "God, I'm so stuffed. I feel like I'm going to explode. That stuffed ravioli was wonderful and so was the wine and dessert. Thank you Tommy."

I smiled, "No, thank you. I had a lot of fun with you. I'm sorry we had to cut it short, I didn't know we were running out of time."

I stepped off the elevator as she walked beside me, her hand brushing against mine. What does that mean?! Was she doing it on purpose?! Was it just an accident!?

"I'm sure there will be more then enough time the next time we go out." She quickly spoke as I glanced down at her, "I mean um, if there is a next time." She shook her head, laughing nervously.

I wrapped my arm over her shoulder, "Oh, there's definitely going to be a next time." She smiled up at me before standing on her tip toes and placing a kiss to my jaw.