Chapter 45: Spoiled Fuckin' Brat

-February 1989-

I woke up hearing the doorbell ringing throughout the house, I rubbed my eyes as I glanced over to the alarm clock. I groaned seeing that it was two thirty in the morning, I had only went to bed an hour ago. I laid in bed until I heard the doorbell again. I sighed, pulling down the over sized Iron Maiden shirt I was wearing and walking out of my bedroom.

I slowly dragged my feet down the stairs, crossing the threshold to answer the front door. I flipped on the porch light before opening it.

I let out a gasp throwing myself onto Nikki as he was standing at my door. He wrapped me up in a huge hug, my feet leaving the concrete steps.

"Sixx! When did you get home!" I was cheerful, as my feet touched the ground. I looked him over, he seemed gloomy, stressed even.

"You okay?" I questioned, opening the door for him. He sighed, rubbing his face,
"I know it's late, and I should've called. I got home earlier this afternoon." He replied, taking off his jacket as he threw it over the couch.

"I Uh-" he cleared his throat as he cracked his knuckles before messing with the rings on his fingers, "..I can't go home. I've been driving around all day. I went there for less than ten minutes before I started freaking out. I...I-" Nikki trembled over his words before he went over to his jacket. I watched him dig into his pocket before he pulled out a baggie or white powder and an unopened packaged with a needle inside.

"When we cleaned out the house, I didn't show you another hiding spot, just incase and um...that's where I went to when I walked in the house for the first time." Nikki explained as I slowly walked over to him, reaching out for the drugs in his hand.

"I can't do this sober thing. It's like everyone knew I was home and started calling and asking if I wanted to go out and celebrate." He continued as I walked to the bathroom, dumping the white powder into the toilet before flushing and throwing the needle into the trash.

I walked out of the bathroom, seeing his sad eyes as they met mine, "The old Nikki would have never given me his drugs so easily, or without putting up a fight. Baby, I believe you can be the rockstar you are without splurging in drugs and booze."

He nodded as I wrapped my hand around his, pulling him up the stairs and to the bedroom. I crawled into the bed as he sat on the edge of it, untying his boots before pulling off his pants and shirt and getting in beside me.

"I can't go back into that house, all I think about is when I use to run around high with a gun in my hand thinking people were out to get me." He expressed his concerns, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. I rested my head on his chest as I drew little shapes into his skin.

"I'm scared I'm just going to forget everything I went through and stick a needle into my body just because I want too. Everything is still too tempting. The guys wanted me to go to a strip club tonight but I couldn't, I'm not ready to be around that atmosphere again."

I sighed into his skin, pressing a kiss against his collar bone, "Then you go at your own pace, you do it when you are ready, not when everyone else is. You don't have to go through this alone Nikki, I'm here for you. We're together now, you don't have to face all the bad things in the world by yourself." I said, peering up at him before kissing his lips before looking at him again.