Chapter 24: a Year From Now...

"Wake up!"

"Wake up!"

I jolted up from my seated position as I wiped my drool from the metal counter,
"Oh, c'mon! You know I don't work over night shifts!" I whined out at Ryan.
Ryan was a barely twenty something dude that worked the over night shift at the diner. Not many hours, so a side job I'm assuming? I yawned, looking up at the clock on the wall seeing it was only three in the morning and I had another four hours to go.

"How do you do this every night?" I asked, him sliding me over a cup of coffee,
"A lot of this-" he said holding up his own mug, "...and usually it's busier on a Friday night." He added on, I nodded while taking a sip. I stood up from the stool and stretched.

"You and I should hang out sometime." He suggested, causing me to look up at him.
"That's a hard no." I turned him down,
"No, Seriously! We could go catch a movie or go to dinner." He continued, causing a sharp head shake from me.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I questioned his motives, but he just shrugged.
"Well...I think you're beautiful, and you seem cool." I let out a small laugh, shaking my head.
"Thanks, but no thanks. Plus, we work together. I
don't really do the whole 'dating my coworkers' thing."

"Well...not really...I see you like what? Three times a week? It doesn't count." Tyson replied, making a smirk appear across my face,
"It always counts. You couldn't handle me anyways." I found myself starting to flirt with him, harmless flirting never hurt anyone, right?

"And what makes you think that?" He asked, propping his elbow up on the counter. I smiled, putting my hand on his arm, letting my nails graze across his skin,
"Because I know better than to date nice boys like you." I told him, a smirk playing on his lips as he sucked in his bottom lip between his teeth.

"I'm only nice when I want to be." He teased. I took my attention away from him when the bell above the door chimed, "Hi, welcome to-"

"Vanity Blackwood, you fine ass chick." Tommy stumbled in drunk, my eyes going wide. One by one, the boys followed him in with their entertainment for the night.

"You fucking know Motley Crue?! Ryan said vivaciously, his mouth hung open.
"No, never met them a day in my life." I joked, trying to suppress the nerves with a small smile.

"Ah! Come here!" Tommy spoke loudly, pulling me into a tight hug, as my feet left the ground from his over the top hug.
"You should have came to the show!" He said loudly, energetic as ever. As the smell of booze hit my face, I let an apologetic smile go Tommy's way.

"Working, T-bone." I told him, my eyes glancing over to Nikki, who in return was already looking at me.

"Oh fuck! This is awkward, just fuck and make up like usual." Tommy slurred his words, pulling Nikki into his side. His dark eyes fixated on me as he studied my face. His low, unsober gaze trailed down my body picking up on every single movement I made. I felt my throat tighten, feeling uneasy as he examined me. I couldn't fucking breathe when he looked at me like that.
It's been over two months since the last time him and I spoke. I'm so tired of this back and forth with him, its draining.