Chapter 63: a Dysfunctional Family

*Nikki's POV*

*Nikki's POV*

I parked across the street from Vanity's place. I drove around the block five different times, deciding if I should stop by without asking. I reached for the bouquet of sunflowers and the elephant plush toy that rested in the passenger seat. I was also deciding if I should toss the flowers out the god damn window. Was this to much?

I shook off my thoughts before locking up my car and walking across the street. I pushed through the doors just to see Vanity coming out of the elevator.

"He-hey Van!" I said as it seemed like I had pulled her from her thoughts.

"Nikki-I-what are you doing here?" She asked looking at me as she fumbled through her purse to grab her car keys.

I cleared my throat, "I uh came by to see you and Arianna...here, for you." I offered her the yellow flowers as she looked at them and then at me.

"I gotta go, I'm running late." She said, trying to push past me but I followed her out the door, she was walking really fast, almost a jog as I had to keep up with her.

"I overslept and I have to go pick up Ari from school. It's her last day and she's out in ten minutes and it takes me twenty minutes to get there." She explained as she unlocked her car door.

"Can I come with you?" I asked nicely, giving her an award winning smile. She rolled her eyes before getting in the car. I frowned until she unlocked the passenger side door. I slid in and she started driving before the door was even closed.

"I got you flowers. Sunflowers, your uh favorite." I coughed nervously as she grabbed her sunglasses and put them on before turning up the radio.

"Thanks." She said quietly before taking them and putting them in the backseat. I glanced over at her, seeing the pale face and circles under her eyes. Her glasses weren't helping. Wonder if shes been on a bender?

"I also got her a pink elephant..I saw she had other animals except for an elephant." I muttered quietly as she nodded and changed the radio station.

"How are you doing?"

I saw under her sunglasses she looked over at me for a brief second, "I'm fine, you?"

"I'm fine too."

Vanity exhaled deeply as she turned the radio up louder. I groaned out loud when I realized it was Bon Jovi.

I fucking hate that guy.

Vanity had a smirk imprinted on her lips, "What's so funny to you?" I questioned as she looked over at me.