Chapter 41: Overdose

-December 23rd, 1987-

I sat at the diner, waiting for someone else to come in. I had two hours left on my shift, and so far everything has been a complete shit show today.

I sat on the barstool with my legs crossed as my eyes gazed over to a teenage couple. The girl was wearing this flowy light pink dress, her hair was done up in a bun and had flowers poking out of the sides. She looked like a ballerina. Her boyfriend, he was wearing all black. Black combat boots, black jeans, black under shirt, black leather jacket. His hair was messy and he had a bulky skull ring on his finger. They were sharing a chocolate peanut butter milkshake together as they held hands. They reminded me of Nikki and myself.

I sighed as I turned around to face Lucia who was pouring salt and pepper into their respective shakers.

"I'm ready to go home." I pouted as I rested my head in the palm of my hand.

"Why so you can stuff your face with ice cream and cry yourself to sleep?" She outed me as I scoffed.

"Um, I traded ice cream for frosted animal cookies like a week ago, and I haven't cried in a couple of nights, thank you very much." I rolled my eyes as I watched her.

"You going home for Christmas?" She questioned as I shook my head,
"No, mom took Greyson and Sage on a cruise until after New Years. So I'll be by myself." She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Stop, it's fine. It's all good." I shrugged as I turned around when the bell rang over the door.

A group of drunk guys, awesome.

"Hey guys, welcome to-" "Can we just skip straight do dessert?" The tall blonde asked, grabbing me by arm and pulling me to him. I was quick to shove away from him.

"Behave, all of you or get the hell out." I spat at them. They laughed at their blonde friend before pulling him into the booth.

I took their orders and was walking to the kitchen, when another waiter, Jenny walked out. She had a tray full of food and bumped into me. The hot chili cheese fries going all over my apron.

I closed my eyes and exhaled, "I'm so sorry Vanity, I...I didn't mean too, I'm so sorry." She was repetitive, I think it was cause she was still no.

"It's fine, just clean it up and tell the customers it's gonna be another Ten minutes." I ordered as she was quick to do what I said.

I sighed as I pulled the apron off of me, throwing it into the dirty bin as I grabbed another one, "Here's my orders Rubio." I said, handing him the meal ticket.