Chapter 67: Ghost

~August 1990~*flashback*

~August 1990~
*flashback*

I shook my head, groaning as I pushed through the outside doors and took a deep breath in as I exhaled. Tommy and Vince had dragged me out to a bar while we were home on break. The two left me as they went to sit with some girls who were all over them. I sat down near a fire pit and kicked my boots up on the concrete as I lit a cigarette. I much rather be at home with Van. But, she told me to go out and try to have fun.

I heard a click of pointy heels, "You mind if I sit here?" I looked over at a short woman wearing a little tight black dress as she had a polite smile on her face.

"Go ahead." I motioned to the chair and scooted over a bit to give her more room to sit down. I exhaled cigarette smoke and listened to the music. Thank god it wasn't Mötley.

"So, what are you doing in this dump?" The woman asked as I looked over and saw her stick a cigarette between her lips and light it.

I shrugged, "Just out with the guys. But they're in there and I'm out here." I took a sip of my water, "You?"

She had a cute little smile, "With some girlfriends of mine. I'm Brandi." She stuck out her French manicured hand as I gently took it in mine and shook it.

"Nikki." I let go of her hand, "Can I get you a drink?" I asked, pointing to her empty glass. She handed it over to me, "Malibu sunrise, you look familiar Nikki."

I let out a laugh, "I get that a lot." I stopped a passing by cocktail waitress and ordered Brandi her drink, "Can't say I've seen you before. I'm sure I would've remembered you." I looked away from her for a moment, taking a long sip. I shouldn't of said that.

"Really? I've been in a few magazines and a few music videos." She explained as I nodded.

"I don't pay much attention to the pop culture shit unless it involves me or my band."

Brandi laughed as she crossed her leg over her knee and pushed her hair out of her eyes, "The Cure? I'm a Playboy and was also in Aerosmith's 'Love In An Elevator' music video."

I chuckled, "Change the spelling a bit and you'll get the Crüe." I smiled, seeing the cocktail waitress come back over as I paid her and handed Brandi her drink, "Oh? Love Aerosmith but I must've missed the video, and probably the last few editions of Playboy."

"Ah, Mötley Crüe. That's right." She chewed on her bottom lip, "You have a girl waiting at home for you? That's such a shame."