Chapter 64: You're All I Need

*Nikki's POV*

I overlooked the New York skyline as I sat on the balcony, bass in hand and a cigarette hanging from my lips. It was a little past five in the morning and I couldn't sleep. Yellow and orange hues dusted the sky as I took a sip of my coffee and enjoyed the view.

I heard light knocking coming from inside. I glanced over at the door until it got louder. I sighed and put down the guitar as I stepped back into the room. I looked through the peephole and became utterly confused.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, her sweet hazel eyes looking up at mine.

"I wanted to see you.." she mumbled, well slurred as I opened up the door for her to come in.

"Still an early riser I see." Her lips parted in a small smile as she sat down on my bed.

I nodded, "Yeah, couldn't sleep anyways. You uh, you wanted to see me?" I clarified as I stood off to the side from her until she patted the side of the bed next to her. I followed her commands like a needy puppy.

"I thought you would come see me tonight since you been doing it just about every night since the first time." She raked her french tip nails through her hair as she glanced at me. "I missed you..."

My eyebrows furrowed together as I stared down at her, "You missed me?" She nodded, cupping my jaw as her thumb gently brushed over my cheek. I closed my eyes as her nails ran through my hair. I opened them up to see the tiny pinhole pupils.

"You're high." I muttered, taking her hand away from my face as I held it tightly.

She nodded, "But I know I've missed you." She stood up and moved in front of me, "...so damn much." Her hand wrapped around the base of my neck, fingers twirling a few pieces of hair between them.

"Van..."

I watched as she moved to straddle my lap, arms wrapping around my shoulders as my hands went to her hips, "You've missed me too, right?"

My breath got caught in my throat when I felt her press her lips to side of my neck. I gripped her hips tighter when I felt teeth nibbling at my skin.

"Van-Vanity, stop.." I whispered, pulling her away from me as I looked at her, seeing that pouty gaze in her eyes.

"Of course I've missed you doll. But you aren't in the right mindset for us to be doing this." I explained as she sighed, running her hand down my bare chest as she peered back up at me.