A boat on the ocean (would be lost with no sails)

Last official oneshot of this book!

Continued from 'Save me from the nothing (I've become)'

"Daddy?" Morgan slipped over to his side, small hand reaching up to grab her father's. "Daddy what's wrong?"

His eyes raised, empty, but at the same time, full of pain.

"Peter," he breathed.

The two stared at each other in shock, Tony white faced, and barely breathing, Peter, eyes wide, and hands shaking.

"But-" Peter started. "But that- that means-"

All color drained form his face, and he shot out of his seat. "But then- but... how?"

Tony shook his head wordlessly.

Peter moved backward swiftly, shaking his head frantically. "I- I have to go-"

Tony reached for him, eyes widening, and a plea beginning to form, but Peter was already gone.

"Fri," he barked, "lock down all windows and doors to and from this floor."

"Sorry boss, but Peter has already left the building."

"What? How?"

"By way of the window."

He got to the window just in time to see Peter clinging to the side of the building, and leaping off.

What really drew the shocked gasp was the white- something that shot from his wrists, latching into another building, and letting him swing away.

"Fri, suit now."

But Peter was already gone.

"Hang on, you're telling us that raggedy kid from the base is your long lost son?" Clint sank back against the wall, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Jeez. Can't a guy get a break? That poor kid."

Tony nodded sharply. "Yes. That's my kid, and he's somewhere in New York, alone, with no money, phone, or clothes."

"He'll probably steal some," Natasha said casually. "It's not like Hydra would've taught him morals."

A collective sigh went around as Tony rounded on her. "That's exactly why we need to find him. My kid shouldn't have to resort to stealing to keep himself alive."

A gentle voice broke the tense atmosphere. "Tony? What are you talking about?"

He stiffened as he recognized his wife's voice. "Pep? Hi. Uh." He suddenly couldn't form coherent sentences, gripping his left arm tightly, and closing his eyes briefly. "I found- it's-"

"Peter," she said softly. Hesitantly. "You said your kid. Our kid. You found him? He's okay?"

She moved forward, hands coming up to frame his face. "Please, Tony, bring him back. Please. Bring our baby home."

Tony kissed the palm of her hand, nodding quickly. "Of course I will. You know I will."

The teenager was sitting on top of the Enpire State building when they found him.

Or rather, when Sam and Wanda did.

He didn't turn around as they approached, only hunched his shoulders, and drew his knees up to rest his chin on. "Here to take me back?"

"Tony doesn't know we found you," Sam said slowly. "We were going to listen to your side, and what you want. Are you okay?"