CHAPTER 1- part 1

3 Years ago

KOREDE DASILVA

Shit. I can't believe my eyes. It's 9am in the morning and I was just waking up. How did this even happen?

I looked again at the clock hung across my wall in front of me.
This was no joke.
I was really late.
I stretched out on my bed and tried to get up when I felt the terrible headache at the back of my head. I was sure I'd been asleep for some hours now but I felt as though I hadn't slept in days.
How did this happen?

I managed to get on my feet and wobble to the bathroom; I started to feel kind of dizzy too.
I poured some cold water over my face and I could feel some relief from the pain, or at least now I was more awake.
I tried to remember how I even became like this in the first place.

'Ouch!', I exclaimed as I just realized that I hit my left foot on the door. I don't still think I'm seeing clearly.
I placed my hands on my forehead, trying to remember something from last night.

I went out with the guys to a new club that opened in town not too long ago.
Chuks was the one who brought up the idea saying that we had to celebrate the deal I just signed earlier in the week.
Well, say hello to the genius; the guru in securing the best real estate deals in Lagos.
It was worth celebrating though; given that my week had been so hectic.
A party won't hurt anyone, would it?

But I guess I overdid it. I'm really bad when it comes to drinking, I tend to go overboard with it and get really drunk.
I guess that was what likely happened last night because I can barely remember anything else after that, or how I got back home even.
I walked back again towards my bed when I saw a text from Chuks on my phone screen.

My guy, how far now?
Hope you're ok...you drank yourself out last night but I dropped you off at home
You owe me this one o
Reply when u see this...Later!

Under my breath, I thanked Chuks for being a good friend. I should probably reply him.

Thanks bro. Really appreciate.

I mustered strength to have a quick bath and get dressed so I could get to work in time for the board meeting. There was so much work to be done and here I was, recovering from a hangover.
I grabbed a pack of pain relievers from the shelf and shoved them into my breast pocket.
I could hear my stomach growl already. I planned to stop by at Cliché restaurant for breakfast before heading to the office. Man had to eat regardless, besides it is popular opinion that good food cures a hangover.
I definitely knew Lagos traffic was crazy so it would be hard to predict what time I'll get to work.
Lucky me, had I not been the son of the CEO I would have received a query for my lateness today.
But I'm the boss and I answer to no one.

What do you think of this chapter?

What kind of person do you think Korede is?

Wait and find out!

The story's just got started!

THANKS FOR READING💞💞