CHAPTER 1- Part 2

KOREDE DASILVA

The meeting went well as expected. As I exited the board room, I tried to run through a list of all the things I still had to do today in my head.
I needed to make some international business calls, read through some files and get an update from my secretary about my flight scheduled for next week. Oh and lest I forget, the guys and I are to meet up to watch a football game tonight. My favourite team Manchester City is playing. I trust my boys to do great.

I entered my exquisite office decorated with posh furniture and paintings. The decor speaks ambience and class. I have a beautiful view over the Atlantic ocean.
Oh boy, I'm such a lucky man. I started to reminisce about my childhood.
Born into a wealthy family, I'm the only child of Engr. Lawrence DaSilva and Lady Kikelomo DaSilva. My parents gave me everything I wanted. I was the child of their dreams after five years of waiting and they could not have another child after I was born.
I went to the best primary and secondary schools in Lagos and travelled for summer holidays every year.
Growing up, my parents threw lavish birthday parties for me every year. My mates in school envied me because I was chauffeur driven to school everyday.
Well, my 18th birthday gift was a car of my own! I rode it around town and I made sure I got the boys jealous and the girls trooping.
Boy I was living the life!
I wanted to go to university abroad but my mum could not bear to be away from me for so long. She was scared I would forget her if I left too soon. I can't blame her though.
I had my first degree in Estate Management from Awolowo University and finished with honours.

Campus life was the highlight of my youth. I finally got to experience real life, away from the comfort and protection of my parents watch. I met guys like myself, from affluent homes with the right connections and who knew how to use it to their advantage. I soon learnt their ways, the ways of the Big Guys as we called it then. Life was good, we had money to flaunt, popularity and the best of girls one could think of. The after parties and exclusive shows we organised were the best on campus; it was like gold to be able to get an invite....

The sound of my phone ringtone jostled me out of my thoughts. It was my best friend Tobi Cole calling.
I picked up the call.

Hello?

How u dey bro?

Guy, I'm good...just trying to finish up some work at the office

That's good...See Korede I get gist for you

Really? What's it about?

I will tell you later at my place tonight. Hope you're still coming over to watch the match?

Sure. You know I can't miss that for anything in the world

Makes sense bro. I'll be expecting you. Bye

Yeah. Bye

I ended the call. What could be the gist that Tobi is talking about? That guy could exaggerate issues sometimes. Well, I'd find out tonight. I rushed to finish up the rest of my work.

What could the gist from Tobi be about?

See the next chapter to find out!

A lot is unfolding already!

PS:
Some vocabulary is in Pidgin English which is a form of English spoken in Nigeria.
How u dey? means How are you?

Please like, vote and comment!

Thank you guys for reading and supporting me, I really appreciate.💗💗💗