Chapter 1

Delondon's P.O.V

Three Years Later

Have you ever been at a low point in your life? So low that you thought you would never bounce back from it. So low that you knew it was the end. So low where it seemed like only darkness surrounded you. Some one once told me that if you're going through Hell, then you should keep going because why stop in hell. Someone once also told me that God will take you through just to prove a point to you.

I sat down at my vanity looking in my mirror as I did my hair. I felt good about myself. When I was a freshman in college I went to through some things, some things that changed me forever. My sophomore year was solely dedicated to my healing process. I had to heal from the loss of my daughter, heal from the loss of the man that I thought I loved. I got my sanity back. I got myself back. It was hard but I made it happen. Not as I sit here, weeks away from graduation I can finally say that I made it through Hell. I made it through the heartbreak, and I made it through the loss. The 22-year-old me is glad that 19-year-old me went through so much because now I make better choices and I have learned to put myself first.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my life reflection. A smile crept it's way onto my face. "Hey Trey" I said once I answered his facetime call.

"Hey De" he said smiling back at me. "What you doing" he asked. I raised my eyebrow.

"Just finished doing my hair, got a little packing done and then I have to do some last minute shopping" I answered. The video paused and I got a notification from Cash app. Trey had sent me $300. "Trey why did you just send me this money" I asked.

"Cause you're about to go on your trip and I thought you could use some extra money." He said smiling.

Shaking my head. "I'm sending it back" I put him on pause and opened my cash app. I was trying to send it back to him, only to see that he blocked me. Once I took the phone off I paused I was meet with him grinning like a fool. I mugged him, which caused him to laugh.

"Damn a nigga can't ever do anything nice for you" he said smiling.

I rolled my eyes. Just then Amor walked in my room. "Hey girl, you done packing" she asked. "Ouu hey Trey" said poking her head in the camera.

"Hey Amor, wassup with you" he said.

"Nothing, trying to make sure this one got her bags packed, she knows we have an early flight tomorrow" Amor said giving me a stern look. We were flying to Jamaica tomorrow for our spring break. Tonio, Amber, and Chris were also going with us, of course they already graduated so it's really not spring for them.

"I'ma let you go ma, so you can do that. I look forward to seeing you, when you get back" he said winking at me. I smiled and hung the phone. Trey was someone I was dealing with but we were not together. He's a little older than me but he's super sweet and sexy as hell but a relationship is out the question for us and we both know that but that doesn't have to stop time.

"Chile that man finer than baby hairs" Amor said fanning herself. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yea I can't believe I'm finna be the only single person on this trip, maybe I can get me some Jamaica me crazy dick" I said joking. Amor laughed.

"Oh that reminds me I have something to tell you, but first why didn't you invite Trey" she asked.

"Girl" I said looking at her. "You know why, that's not my man, we just cool"

"Mhmm but he be giving your ass money" she said laying down on my bed. Amor and I had moved off campus together last year and got us a nice apartment. We both got decent jobs although we're still in school. So we live comfortably and we handles our adult responsibally.

"Cause he just sweet as hell like that, he probably give all them hoes money" I said. Trey is a bit of a player. He date other women and I date other men. It works for us. I'm in no rush to be in a relationship and he out here living like bachelor and I like that. That's actually how we meet. I went out one night and he was there and he was such a lady's man I approached him and told him I wanted him to teach me to be like him but with men and boom we were in business baby.

"I can't believe your ass just be out here having casual sex, you used to be all like "you have to love" Amor said mocking me. I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch I thought you had something to tell me" I said. I looked at her through my vanity. I could see she was nervous. I turned to face her.

"I saw Jada today" she said. I sighed.

"How she look" I asked.

"She looks bad De" she said with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "I was coming out the store and she was walking in with some dude. Her face is so droopy and she's so bony, I almost didn't recognize her"

"Who would of thought , that she would end of being a crack, head" I said shaking my head. Although I disliked Jada for what she did. I never like to see anybody down and out like that. I really hope she get herself together.

"Well when you a dog, you get your fleas" Amor said. We laughed a little. I said I felt bad for her I never said that karma didn't do it's job. "But that's still not what I wanted to tell you"

"Ok so say it" I said.

"It was last minute, and I had nothing to do with but we did need and extra person to offset the balance and now you're able to get $250 dollars back and you won't be the only single person there" Amor began to rant.

"Bitch spit it out" I said taking a sip of my juice.

"Ok well Micah's coming to Jamaica" she said quickly. I choked on my juice. Bitch What?