Chapter 5

Micah's P.O.V

Our time in Jamaica was coming to an end we only had two days left. Today and tomorrow, after that we would be leaving first thing Sunday morning. This trip has been lit has hell I can't even lie. We had something planned for every day, except today that it. Well there was something planned but man last night was so lit, nobody wanted to wake up this morning. I decided to be nice and get breakfast for everybody. Coming back into the house I saw Amor sitting in the living room drinking coffee. She looked at me and turned back to the T.V. Delondon and I may have been cordial, but Amor still been giving me the stink eye.

"Good morning" I said sitting everything down on the counter. She turned around to look at me and gave me a dry good morning. I walked over to the sofa she was on and sat next to her. "I got breakfast for everybody".

"Thanks" she said with not emotions.

"So um, what's up. How you been?" I asked looking at her. She sat her coffee down and sat to face me.

"Ok well looks like we are going to have this conversation. I don't trust you" she said tilting her head to the side.

I was confused. Although I knew Amor didn't like me, over the past three years she still seemed to be cordial with me and now all of sudden, she can't even say good morning to a nigga.

"I confused, I thought we were cordial" I asked.

"We were, because despite the bullshit you always seemed to be a cool guy, that was until you decided to come on this trip. I didn't say anything at first when Tonio first told me you would be coming because I tried not to think negative, but what's your real reason for coming on this trip. You have had plenty of time to try and talk it out or apologize to her but you didn't. You would literally choose not to show up to something and now all of sudden when she's this new and improved Delondon, Micah wants to apologize." She said looking at me. I was still confused. Does she think I have some type of motive?

"Amor, it's not like that. Trust me I wanted mire than anything to talk to her these last few years. Hell, I tried everyday for the first year. She changed her number and would literally walk the other way if I saw her on campus. When I was coming to things, she would get up and leave. I got to the point where I though it was best if I just left her alone." I said in all honesty. I wanted to have a conversation with a Delondon a long time ago but she would never give me the time of day.

"Why now" she asked. She looked like she was genuinely concerned about Delondon and I honestly don't blame her.

"We both of matured over the years and I just thought it would be the perfect time to have a conversation with her. I'm not that same little ass boy I was. I owed her an apology. Although she's not here, she's still the mother of my daughter and it was time to make things right. I really didn't think about the timing. I just knew that it was time to make things right.

Amor eyes softened a little bit. "I watched her cry her eyes out every day that summer. She cried twice a day. Once in the morning and to go to sleep at night. That summer we spent in California she fell into a depression but if ask you ask her, she'll tell you that she was ok but she wasn't. I literally watched her pull herself together piece by piece and I would hate to see her go through the same thing again. I don't think she would be able to handle it this time." Amor said. I was baffled. I didn't know it was that bad. When I would see her around campus that following semester, she seemed like she was in a better place.

"I understand you're looking out for her but it's not even like that. I just wanted us to be friends. I have love for her and I think we could move on and just be cool like we were before all the extra theatrics." I said in response to her telling me about Delondon's mental state. I truly wanted us to be and to be friends and move forward.