Chapter 32

Micah's P.O.V

I had just recently gotten back in town from New York. Sometimes as a sports commentator I must go out of town to attend different sporting events. I really wanted to get De to come with me, but she had to finish up some work here in Florida since she would be going on Maternity leave soon. I missed my lady, like I can't even cap. That's why I flew back a day early so I could surprise her with a romantic evening. The new house was coming together, but it still wasn't exactly ready. We kind of rushed the process because we wanted to be living in and fully unpacked before the baby was born, so we could just focus on that.

We pretty much had, most of the furniture and stuff, we just had to do things like actually move our stuff in. So, after getting off the plane I went and got a U-Haul and with the help of Shane, Chris, and Tonio I went and moved all our stuff from place to the new house. I would of did her place too, but I'll let her handle that because I'm not sure of what she wants to leave and what she wants to bring. Therefor I just brought the stuff that she had my place. Hell, all of our shit was every where anyway. I had stuff at her place and at mine and vice versa. Once I had moved all that I was bringing to the new place, I started to unpack what I could. De was a bit OCD when it came to the way things were in the closet, so I didn't want to unpack it wrong. I wanted her to choose which side of the closet she wanted her things on, hell she had the most shit anyway. So, that left me to only start putting together the bedroom stuff. I put the bed together and made it up and put the other decorative stuff too and made sure that the bathroom in the master's bedroom had everything we needed. I even hung up some of our maternity pictures too.

Once I had gotten that out of the way I started to plan a romantic night for us. She still thought I was in New York, so I also had to think of a way to get her to come to the new house without her knowing that I was here. I went to the store and got everything I needed. I bought candles, rose petals, stuff for a bubble bath, sparking cider, strawberries, whip crème, you know the whole nine. I bought all the ingredients I need to make her favorite pasta and went back to the house and started to get everything ready. I knew she would be working late tonight since it was technically her last day working at the office. A normal day for her she would leave the office at around 5ish but on the days she worked late she would leave at maybe 7ish. Once the time struck 6:30pm, I finally decided to call her.

"Hello" she said answering the phone.

"Hey baby, what you doing?" I asked. I didn't want her to know where I was so I had called her on her office phone.

"Getting these last files together, about to leave the office in a few. I just need to make sure I have everything in case a client needs something within the next two weeks" she said. Delondon had told all of her clients that she was weeks away from giving birth and that she'd be out of the office for the next 3 months but she would be available to help them if they had a crisis in the next two weeks, anything after that they would have to go straight to Kim. I love the fact that all of her clients respected that. De was 8 months pregnant and in the next two weeks she could literally go into labor at any given moment.

"Look at my baby, working hard" I said. She giggled a little. I heard her shuffling around some papers. Yea she's about to leave the office in a few.

"How's New York?" she asked.

"It was nice, I wish you could have come with me" I said as I started to put the rose petals down.

"I know, I wish I could have come too but you get to see m tomorrow. What time does your flight land?" she asked.

"6am" I answered.

"Why do you always have these early ass flights?" she asked. I laughed. I had no problem waking up early in the morning, so a lot of my flights were early as hell but that's honestly the best time to be in the airport. It's not too busy and the flights are usually quiet around that time.