Chapter 29

Delondon's P.O.V

"And that's all for today guys, we'll pick this back up tomorrow morning" I said to the group of new agents. Most of them were freshly out of college. It was my jump to train them, as if they were dealing with real clients, they will be ready for whatever is thrown their way. Since I normally come in late on Monday's we be in session all day Tuesday but since I have a doctor's appointment today, we're splitting the session up.

After everyone left out the conference room I walked to Kim's office. Her door was opened so I walked right on in. It's weird because she started off as my boss but we've really built a friendship over the past year or so. "Want to do lunch today"? she asked without even looking up. She knew it was me, door opened or not no other agent with dare walk into her office with out knocking.

"Would love too but I have a doctor's appointment today?" I said. She looked up from her computer and tilted her glasses down.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked. I gave her a small smile and her eyes lit up. Kim is really like a second mom, well third mom because Micah's mom is also like a mom to me. "You're pregnant? I knew it" she said. Sure she did.

"I am pregnant but I'm not really telling anyone yet. Just you so you won't wondering why I'm always leaving early" I said. She got up and came and gave me a hug. Like I said I tell this woman a lot and she knows a lot of about be.

"I'm so happy for you. I've heard you express how you didn't think God would ever bless you with kids and now look. How far along are you?" she asked siting in the chair next to me.

"Today is my first appointment but I'm assuming like 6 or 7 weeks?" I answered. That seems about right. I think probably in the middle somewhere.

"So I see Hawaii was good to...hold up didn't Micah go to Hawaii with you?" she asked giving me side eye. I looked the other way. "My babies are having a baby. Wow. I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you, I guess" I said.

"Why the I guess?" she questioned confused.

"I mean we're not exactly together, so I guess it just seems weird to be having his baby" I said being honest. I would have at least like to be in the relationship with the person I'm having a baby with. We would basically just be co-parenting. I'm cool with that, I think.

"Well darling y'all knew that when y'all was bumping and grinding in Hawaii. Did you use protection" she asked.

"No" I answered embarrassed.

"Well honey as far as I'm concerned this baby was plan, so enjoy it sweetie. Y'all got about 8 months to figure it out. I can see it all ending with a wedding if you ask me" she said getting up and walking back to the other side of her desk.

"You know something I don't know" I asked her squinting. She waved me off.

"Honey, you know it too. You just keep acting like you don't see it when it's right in front of your face" she said as she was gathering her things. I'm assuming she's about to go get lunch. "Now I don't know why you would continue to ignore it, but you know it's there" she said walking towards the door. "While you sit there connecting the dots, I'm going to go get me some lunch, lock up if I'm not back by the time you leave. Call me when you leave, your appointment" she said before walking out. I sat there for about 5 minutes before I decided to go back to my office so I could leave for my doctor's appointment.

I closed Kim's office and walked back to mine. Once I got there, my assistant Nicky handed me some messages from some people who had called while I was in a session. "And Amor is line 1" she said.