Chapter 27

Micah's P.O.V

It had been a few days since the incident with Kane happened and De was staying with me for a few days due to not wanting to be alone and not wanting to go back to her place. I told her she could stay here until she found a new place or until she was just ready to be by herself. Things have been emotional for her lately like last night she was up in the middle of the night crying. I try to be there for her in the best way possible, but I think she just needs time right now. After everything first happened, she told me exactly how everything went down, and I was livid. She should have just let me take her home. I was sitting in the living flipping through the channels. It's never anything on tv to watch. Sports it is. Just as I was about to drift into a nap, De emerged from the guest room and sat next to me on the sofa. The bruise from where she was hit in the head was still visible, but it was starting to heel.

"Hey" she said crossing her legs.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked looking over at her. She was staring straight a head at the tv.

"Better" was all she said. She really hasn't said much but I really wished she would open up and talk to me, but I didn't want to pressure her. I knew she would talk when she was ready. I nodded my head and looked back the tv. We both just sat there watching the tv in a comfortable silence. It was a Friday afternoon and I really didn't have anything to do. I went into the studio earlier today and recorded my show and was done for the day. I really try not to leave De here by herself for too long. "The detective called me earlier" she started saying. I turned to her to give her my full attention. "He said that Kane is in a stabled conditioned and will more than likely be transported to county within the next few days and then in front of judge to see what his charges are and if he could potentially make bail" she said. I hope they don't give that nigga no bail when he was probably going to kill her. De must of seen the look on my face because she started to talk again "The chance of him getting bail is very slim though and if he does, he said it would probably be some high ass amount" she said. I nodded my head.

"If they know what's good for him, I doubt they'll give him any kind of bail" I said. I really did wish I would have finished that nigga off. I think prison would be too nice for him.

"That's what the detective said, apparently he already had an open domestic violence case against his ex-fiancé" she said. Damn. I know they probably won't even be offering him any kind of bail.

"Don't even trip on any of that. We'll make sure that nigga don't get out no time soon. I got you" I said. She gave me a small smile. It was refreshing to her smiling even if it was just a small one. Deciding the change the subject, I asked if she wanted anything to eat. It was kind of late in the day and this is the first time she came out the room, so I'm sure she hasn't eating anything.

"You know what I want?" she asked still smiling. I raised an eyebrow. "Some of that cajun pasta you be making" she said. I laughed. That's one of the only dishes I do cook well.

"I have to go to the store to get the ingredients" I said trying to see if she wanted to wait for me to run to the store.

"Ok I'll be here" she said smiling. I shook my head and got up going to get my keys.

"You talked to Amor?" I asked coming back into the living room area. She shook her head.

"She's been hitting me up, but I told her I'd talk to her a little later when I'm in a better space" she said. I nodded my head. I still don't what those two had a disagreement about but I do know that life is too short and they need to resolve the issue ASAP.

"Alright, well I'll be back in about 30 minutes" I said, before walking out.

***

Two Weeks Later