Chapter 20

Delondon P.O.V

"Aww hell nall, bitch you been showing out lately" Amber said as she placed her hand on her pregnant bell belly. She was about to pop any day now. Her baby shower was a few weeks ago and it was one of the beautiful baby showers I had ever been too. Baby girl Reign truly will have some of the best parents. It means a lot to me that Tonio and her asked me to m the Godmother. I've been going crazy shopping for my God baby to the point where Amber told me to keep that shit at my place because it's too much.

I smiled at Amber and Amor. "Showing out how?" I asked looking down at them. They were both sitting, and I was standing. We were at the basketball court because there was a charity basketball game going and the guys were playing. It's the same type of Basketball game they used to have back in college, but everyone is all professional now, so they decided to raise money and make it a nice community event. With Micah having a celebrity status, it brought crowds of people out, thus raising more money. You had vendors selling things, food trucks, face painting and bouncy houses for the kids. Just the whole nine.

"Your ass been showing up to everything lately, Miss I be working" Amor said rolling her neck. I chuckled slightly. They were right. I've been coming to 80% of the events I'm invited to. As opposed to a last year when I wasn't coming to anything.

"First of all I do be working, but you know I been on top of my shit lately so I got people who can do certain things for me when I'm out the office". Like I said early I had worked my way to one of the top spots at firm. Although I basically neglected my friends over the past year, I really have been working my ass off. Kim even talks about me, maybe being a partner one day if that's what I want but I'm not sure because one day I may want to open my PR firm. "And secondly I'm just trying to get back to myself" I said. Amber nodded her head.

"I understand that boo. You didn't bring a chair?" Amor asked. I shook my head no. I really didn't think the place would be this packed.

"No but I saw someone selling them over by the food trucks. I just wanted to come speak to yall first, but I'll be back." I said walking back over to where they were selling chairs. Hope they don't cost too damn much. I was standing in line waiting to buy my chair when Micah walked up to me.

"I thought you was in a relationship" he said looking me up and down. I frowned.

"Um I am" I said back still confused.

"He let you come out the house like that?" he questioned. I had on some 2pc black short set and some fur slides.

"First of all, I'm a grown ass woman. Can't nobody tell me what to and what not to wear. Plus, Kane is very much secure" I said, which was a damn lie. Kane definitely was not secure and lately we been arguing. Well he been arguing I been ignoring the fuck out of his ass. When I meet him I was in the mist of pulling myself out of a depression, so I was kind of a homebody but I've been going out with my friends more and spending time with them and now he always seems to have an issue with that. Especially since I told him Micah was my ex. I really didn't want to but Kane is a fan of Micah's and he own a few restaurants with some of them being a sports bar. He wanted me to ask Micah if he could come and participate in a few events. Not wanting him to hear it from anybody else, I just went on ahead and told him who Micah was to me. It seemed fine with the information at first but then his insecurities started setting in, the more I hung out with my friends. Most of time it's just Amber, Amor and I but this man be so convinced that I be around Micah.

"I don't know, he really don't look too secure to me, but anyway did you want to place a bet on any team?" he asked. I mugged the fuck out if him. Everyone always sees when I lash out at this motherfucker, but nobody ever sees when he's provoking me.