Chapter 18

Delondon's P.O.V

1 year and 6 months later

"Ok and that's all to it. Now you are officially a part of the family" I said opening a bottle of champagne. Cheers erupted from the small group of people in my office. I smiled happy that I had secured another million-dollar client.

"Thank you, De," Chris said pulling me into a hug. "He needs a solid person like you on his team".

"No thank you, you brought client to me" I said smiling. Chris label has been nothing but successful. He's signed a few artists and they all are making big moves. Once Chris's popularity as a music producer began to grow, he hired me as his publicist and has sent referred a lot of artist in his label to me and even the ones that he's only worked with. The artist I just signed was one of the ones on his label talent kid, only 19 yrs. old and he's making money and, on his way, to being a super star. Because of Chris, many of clients now consist of young entertainers. Don't get me wrong I still have some older politicians and business owners under my belt, but the entertainment money is there.

"Because you're the best De" he said. I smiled. I loved what I did. I loved all of my clients.
"You're coming to my party tonight" he asked.

I made a face "ehh I'm not sure" I said. I really didn't hang out with my friends as much as before. After things popped off with Micah and I, I just submerged myself in work. Working tirelessly around the clock to keep my clients happy and obtaining new clients. In just one year if being at this company I've worked my way up to the top spots and could possibly become partner. Any time Kimberly Waters can't take on a new client, she always refers them to me. She's been a friend and huge mentor to me. I thought maybe she would have been upset with me once she got word that Micah no longer wanted me to work for him but instead she asked me about it and was very understanding, thus opening the door for us to have such a close relationship.

"Come on De, we barley see you and Amor would be so happy to see you. She says she seen you in like 4 months" Chris said. I nodded my head. He had a point but I mean it's his birthday and I just don't want to run into Micah. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since that night.

"I would come but you know I'm not trying to run into your boy" I said sighing.

"He probably won't even be there. I invited him but he's out of time and said he may not be back in time. Even if you don't stay the whole time, just come through and show your face. I see you because we work together but the others miss you" he said pleading. Chris is normally very nonchalant, I know he's really asking on behalf if Amor because I see him a few times a month.

"I may come through for a few hours" I finally said, only because it's Chris birthday. He smiled.

"Amor is going to be so happy to see you, Thanks De" he said hugging me once more. I laughed and we went back to enjoying the small celebration in my office. It was only 9:30 a.m. but that didn't stop the champagne from flowing.

Shortly after the celebration was over, I went back to work checking my calendar and organizing things dealing with my clients. My Fridays were pretty relaxed. In fact if it wasn't for me signing a new client, I would have worked from home today. I was in the mist of checking my emails when there was a small knock on my door.

"Come in" I said without looking up.

"Hey girl, Kane is here" my assistant Nicky said. I smiled.

"You can bring him in" I said. A minute later Kane walked in with a dozen of roses.

"Hey beautiful" he said walking towards my desk. I blushed.

"Hey handsome, what brings you by" I asked getting up from my desk and walking over to him. He pulled me into his arms and I could have just melted. Kane always smelled so good. He was a big man. 6'8, 400 pounds and get this he was a successful business owner and in school to be lawyer.