Chapter 23

Delondon's P.O.V

"Shit" I whispered to myself as I almost tripped trying to get up the stairs to my apartment. It was 7 in the morning and I had just left Micah's place and I had hella missed calls from Kane. I totally forgot that I was supposed to go to dinner at his house last night. Once I woke up and realized that I had fallen asleep I up and left and I'm just now getting home. I finally made it to the top of the stairs and right next to my apartment door was a very angry looking Kane. His eyes watched me like a hawk as I as I continued the walk to my apartment. Once inside I turned to look at Kane. "I am so sorry about missing dinner last night, time just slipped away from –" I was in the mist of trying to explain myself when Kane shushed me.

"You know I was actually worried about you. You had me thinking something bad at happened to you, until I got this sent to me" he said handing me his phone. I was confused on what he was about to show me. I took his phone and it was a fucking video of Micah and I hugging yesterday, after we had read our letters. The Shade Room had posted the video with the caption 'Does Sports Journalist Micah Curry have him a bae'. Damn, I forgot this nigga was like a celebrity. I didn't know he was famous enough to be on the shade room. I really didn't know what to say, all I could do was be honest but honestly, I feel like honesty is never enough for Kane.

"That's definitely not what it looks like, it was a platonic hug" I started saying, which was the truth.

"I mean but do you see how that shit looks. Like this shit is on the Shade Room. That's embarrassing" he said annoyed. I understand that, it looks very bad.

"It looks bad, I know but it really was nothing to it. I hate that it was even posted to the shade room because now it looks like something that it's not. I'm sorry" I said being sincere. Although I did nothing wrong. I definitely can see the issue and it is embarrassing, so I can own up to that apologize.

"I don't want you to have nothing else to do with this nigga. Like I'm not feeling this being friends with your ex thing" he said snatching his phone back from me. Ok see I'm going to let that one slid, he's hurt and rightfully so.

"I am sincerely sorry, that the video was made and posted especially out of context I can call him and have his publicist take the video down and issue a statement saying that this video was taken out of context. This can be fixed, but I'm not ended my friendship with Micah" I said trying to be as sincere as possible. I know I did nothing wrong but I still don't want to make it seem I'm just out here being disrespectful to the man.

"You can do that and stop being friends with him, you been acting very different since he came back into your life" he said getting loud.

"Different? Kane you're saying anything at this point" I said still trying to calm the situation but I'm really starting to get pissed off. He took a step towards me and I started to get nervous. I don't think Kane would hit me but our relationship is still fairly new, so who knows.

"So you think you're acting different" he asked. I shook my head no. "When I meet you, you barley went out. You were a homebody and now you're out any chance you get. You don't ever have no free time to spend with me" he said. Ok see now I'm mad.

"Are you fucking serious? I was a "homebody" when you first meet me because I was literally coming out of a deep depression. That's not who I am. I like to go out and be with my friends. All of my free time will not be spent with you" I said, getting mad myself because he really just tried me.

"But still though De, you hanging with your ex. That shit not cool man. Ain't that who you were just with" he asked.

"Yes but you know our friend just died. I had to be there for him" I said. Like come on dude, feel how you feel but you can't tell me how to be there for my love ones.