3: Surge can Save Your Life

We sat in silence, unsure of what to do now. I know for a fact, I was scared out of my mind.

There's a vampire sitting feet away from me... I just wanna go home and forget this ever happened... I hate this so much... I need to get out of here... He won't let me leave... why the hell is he torturing me like this? Just eat me already...

"What are you thinking about?" The blood sucker asked.

"Nothing," I stated, keeping my gaze to the floor.

"Sugar, can I ask you something?" I nodded, "Are you scared of me?" I nodded again, eyes still on the floor, "Oh darling, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," He set two fingers under my chin and lifted my head up to face him, "You are so pretty."

"Why won't you just eat me already? Just get it over with..." As these words left my mouth, his hand left my chin, and his jaw dropped, "...It's not like I was living for much anyways. Just do whatever it is you do and stop torturing me!" My hands were shaking violently as my eyes became glossy, "If not then I wanna go home."

"I'm not gonna eat you. Vampires don't do that, but I'm not going to take your blood either. I don't feed on that stuff. I just drink surge instead." surge? Like the energy drink?

"I don't mean to torture you, I just want to get to know you. But if you wanna go home, I guess I can take you..."

"Thank you," I let a small smile escape from my lips which he returned. He got up and made his way to the door. I followed. I grabbed my bike with the groceries sitting in my basket. We walked side by side as silence took over. It stayed this way until we came upon my house.

"Goodbye," I waved, once I was to my door.

"So long and goodnight, sugar." He waved as well. I made my way inside and locked the door behind me, setting my bike in my entry way, for the second night in a row. I took a deep breath, still taking everything in. I rubbed my eyes before running upstairs, grabbing my pjs, and running back downstairs to take a shower.

I slowly peeled off my blood stained clothes and examined the wounds. I caressed each one with my fingers, examining the patched up area Gerard had done. He bandaged it up... after I had ran from him...

Thoughts of Gerard filled my mind as I climbed into the shower, while the warm water drenched my skin.

He helped me... even though I'm a human... he didn't try to hurt me... he didn't want to... maybe he isn't all that bad- what am I thinking!? He's a vampire! He could kill me... But he didn't...

I shut the water off as I finished and put new bandages over the wounds. I slipped into my pajamas before heading upstairs and into my bedroom.

I plugged in my phone and flopped onto my bed, my hair wet and stringy as it hit the pillow. I pulled my miss match blankets over my shivering body, thoughts of Gerard still floating around my head. I should try talking to someone about this... yeah, I'll text Josh or something in the morning...

My eye lids began to feel heavy as I slowly began to fall asleep. I woke up to a buzzing, I don't have work today, why is my alarm going off!?

I pulled my phone off the night stand and saw that I had a text. Well, actually, I had dozens of texts from my neighbor/close friend.

Josh: Hey, I heard yelling outside, are you alright?

Josh: I just want to make sure it wasn't you

Josh: I'm getting really worried, please answer

Josh: where are you!?

It kept going on like that, along with a few calls as well. Geez Josh...

I unplugged my phone and began texting back.

Me: I'm fine, but can you come over? I'd like to talk in person

I got a text back almost immediately,

Josh: Yeah, I'll be there in thirty

Me: ok cool, thanks

I rubbed my eyes before forcing myself out of bed and getting dressed. I just slipped on a cozy sweater and jeans. I lazily made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, Shit! I left the groceries out!

I ran to my bike and quickly put them away, Well, dry cereal it is...

I ate my cereal while watching cartoons, memories of last night still on my mind. That was when I heard a knock on my door, Josh...

I got up and answered it to see a pink haired boy, standing in front of me.

"Hi Josh, come in," I welcomed.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened to you?" He asked, worried.

"I'm fine, I just got home late. That's all. But I really need some advice," I said as we both sat down on the couch, "Um, what..." I hesitated, how do I word it so he isn't super concerned?

"Um well, I have this friend who... well who got... attacked..."

"Attacked!? Oh my god, Y/n you got attacked!? Are you alright? I-" I interrupted him.

"No, my friend did. They're okay though. Anyways, they got attacked by a werewolf. But they were saved. They were saved by uh... a vampire..."

"Oh my god, Y/n! Give me a hug!" He brought his arms around me, "Did anything else happen?"

"Yeah, he was nice to me. He put bandages over my injuries. He gave me food and wanted me to be safe... and I ran away from him..." I'm such an asshole! He helped me and I ran!

"This wasn't even my first time seeing him. He was nice then too. He saved my life... I didn't even say thank you. I'm such a dumb ass!" I cried.

"But he's a vampire. What if he tried to hurt you!?" He pulled away.

"That's the thing, Josh! He didn't hurt me! He saved me... I'm gonna do something nice for him." I got up and walked into the kitchen, Josh followed.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know, what do vampires even like?" I sat up on the counter. Josh sat beside me as I thought, "Surge!"

"Surge!? Like, the nasty energy drink!?"

"Yeah, Gerard said something about drinking that instead of blood. We could get him a few cans of it," I jumped off the counter and began to walk towards my bike, "You should come with! Grab your bike, we'll head to the grocery store. They've got to have it there!"

"Okay, I'll grab my bike and we can go." He said, getting off the counter and walking towards the door.

OwO-
Look out baby it's Joshua Dun! Yay! Guys I can't stop listening to fandom I may have a problem. Awsten Knight is taking over my life oh god. The green haired gremlin got me! Ahh help! I love waterparks way to much now! Someone help! Ahh! Have a high definition day~peace out cheesebags