23: He's Okay... For Now...

Gerard's pov

Where am I? What happened to me? I can't quite remember... only... pretty girl... who was she? Crying... she was crying... I think...

Various sounds from the outside world entered my thoughts.

"Oh, Gerard..."

"Are you dead or are you sleeping? Are you dead or are you sleeping? God I sure hope you are dead..."

"B-Billie...?"

Gerard... Billie... do I know these names?

"I'm not here for you, jellybean..."

Jellybean? Is that a name? Maybe...

Gerard... is that someone I know? Who am I? Billie? No, that doesn't sound right, I must be Gerard...

Then who's Jellybean? Who's Billie?

"Mikey, are you alright?"

"I-I think so..."

Mikey... wait... maybe I'm Mikey! No, that doesn't sound right either... Gerard must be my name...

"Did he hurt you at all?"

Hurt who? What happened? Did I do something? Who am I?

"A little, but I think I'll be okay..."

What happened!? Ahh, I can't see anything! I can't feel anything! I don't even know who I am... maybe these people know... but how could I talk to them? Oh this is gonna be tough...

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"He didn't hurt you, did he? Was he in here?"

"He didn't hurt me, but he was in here. He was talking to Gerard when I woke up."

Y/n... I know that name... how do I know that name? Gerard... yes... that's me! They're talking about me... wait... that could be bad...

"What did he say?"

"I dunno, I was asleep most of the time. All I remember is Billie kissed Gerard on the forehead. I dunno what he said to him..."

Kissed me!? Billie, are we a thing? That doesn't seem right at all...

"And, you saw him?"

"Yeah, well, he looked faded. Like, he was a hologram or something..."

A hologram? Who? Billie? Was this Billie person not actually here? So many questions...

"Weird. You're a human, right?"

What kinda silly question is that? We're all humans... right? Oh...

"Yeah, why?"

"Billie said, when we were in the hall, he said he-" Why'd he stop talking? What happened?

The sounds of quiet cries rang through my head.

Why is he crying? Oh, did I do something? I'm so sorry...

"He ate my friend... he ate Awsten!" Awsten... that seems familiar too... not as familiar...

"Oh, Mikey, I'm so sorry..." Oh... that's Mikey... interesting...

"Awsten was a good guy. He didn't deserve that. But, he was able to turn invisible. Not like me, he was able to silence his sounds and make it as if he wasn't even there..."