15: He Doesn't Want you to Worry

A health worker came into the room, asked Y/n a few questions, then had me leave. Standing outside the door, the things she had said to me still floated around my mind, did she really mean all that? Does she really hate me? Is she only with me to be nice? I really hope not... I really hope she'll be okay...

After awhile, the door opened and she walked through, eyes on me. The woman who was in the room with her stood there too.

"She'll be alright, she's gonna act a little strange. Have her take these pills, one in the morning, one at night. Once they're out, she should be good to go."

"Thank you," I told the nurse before putting the pills in my pocket and taking Y/n's hand. Once we were out of the hospital, I took a quick look at her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, calmly.

"I dunno, I'm okay I guess." She hummed. It then went quiet. Only our footsteps against the pavement made sounds while the shadow of my umbrella followed close behind.

"Did you really mean all those things you said? Before?" I asked, once again, wanting some sort of signal that she still loved me.

"Oh Gee," She looked up at me, her kind eyes were as normal as ever, "Of course not, I don't even know where those words came from." I sighed, relieved.

"You really scared me, y'know."

"I know I did, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I pulled her in for a side hug and kissed her cheek sweetly.

"It wasn't your fault, babe," I said, still holding her, "Just, promise me you'll never say those things again."

"I promise," She said, "You should stay with me today."

"I'd love that, jellybean." I said, just as we approached her front door. As she unlocked it, the other door opened.

"Oh, uh, hi guys," Josh greeted.

"Hey dude, what's goin' on?" I asked.

"Nothin' much, just heading downtown," He answered, "You?"

"Same here, we're just gonna hang out for awhile."

"Cool, see ya around, see ya Y/n! Good to see you're feeling better!" He smiled, getting on his bike.

"Yeah... yeah thanks, Josh." She gave me a strange look.

"What?"

"What was that? I thought you two hated each other. Also, you're invited." She said as we walked inside.

"Last night we sorta, talked, and we're cool now."

"Wow, I didn't think he'd change his mind about you," She smiled, "That's so cool."

"Yeah, I figured you'd be happy about it." I said, holding her waist.

"You know me so well," She giggled, hands on my cheeks, "You're so cute!" I chuckled as she cooed at me, "Aw, you're adorable!"

"You are too!" I chuckled, leaning in for a kiss. She smiled just as our lips came together, she doesn't actually like you... she's just being nice... she's just scared you're gonna eat her... she doesn't actually love you...

She had noticed my lips stopped moving. Pulling away, she looked at me strangely.

"Are you okay, babe?"

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine..." I looked to the floor.

"Really? You don't seem fine." My gaze went back to her. Only one hand still held my face. She gently rubbed her thumb across the skin, before I brought my own hand to hers.

"You're so pretty..." She smiled and brought her lips to mine once more, she's just being nice... what human in their right mind would go out with a vampire anyways? She doesn't love you... not for real...

"Are you sure you're fine?" She asked, "Do we need to take you to the hospital now?" She giggled, putting a hand to my forehead, just as I had done for her.

"No, I'm okay..." I pulled her hand away, and kissed it sweetly. She blushed and smiled, before engulfing me in a concerning hug.

"Y'know I worry about you too." She whispered.

"Aww, jellybean, you don't have to worry about me."

"But I still do," She traced little shapes in the back of my shirt, "Just cause you have vampire powers, doesn't mean I'm not gonna worry." She pulled away and looked me in the eyes, "I'm allowed to worry, even if you don't want me to."

"Fine, but don't worry too much. That's my job." She giggled and kissed me again, you're making her worry now! You're such a mess! You should just leave her... then she wouldn't have to carry the burden of worrying about you...

"Gerard! What is up with you!?" She gave me a strange look.

"No... nothing! I'm fine!"

"Then why aren't you kissing me?" I didn't answer, only looked back down at the floor, "Gerard...? I know something's up... I'm not an idiot..." She carefully lifted my face back up, "Baby, what's bothering you?" She asked, sitting me down on the couch.

"It's nothing," I shook my head, she knew that wasn't true, "... it's stupid..."

"I'm not gonna laugh at you, I'm never gonna laugh at you for sharing your problems with me." She gently held my hand, rubbing her thumb against the skin like she had done with my cheek.

"All those things you said about me, about us, I can't stop thinking about them. I just need to ask, are you really, happy with me?"

"Of course I am. All those things I said, I didn't mean a single thing. I know I was probably brutal, and I'm sorry," She hugged onto me, and began planting sweet kisses on my neck and face, "...you're amazing... and lovely... and sweet... and handsome... and adorable... and so fucking pretty..."

"Awww, babe..."

"You're also cute... and funny... and cool... and a really great guy..." I chuckled, falling back on the couch with her on top of me, giggling. The room went quiet while her face went red, "I love you..." She whispered.

"I love you too..." I whispered back.

"I really am sorry about everything I said. I promise I didn't mean any of it."

"I know you didn't, sugar," My fingers began to twist her hair strands around and around, "I know, the thoughts will go away eventually. But for now, you better tell me how much you love me all the time so they hide away." I chuckled, she giggled.

"Dewdrop, I do that anyways!" She smiled.

"Then keep doing it!" I pecked her lips before taking a relaxing sigh as we laid on the couch, cuddling, and enjoying each other.

OwO-
I rlly wanna end this fic but I wanna give it a proper ending so don't be surprised if I update this bad boy more than my other books for a bit, aight? Aight. I just don't like it when books drag on too long. I feel like this one might be dragging a bit. Ig that's what happens when I don't rlly have a set story. Have a lovely day~peace out cheesebags