11: Vampires Can See Themselves in Mirrors

My eyes fluttered open, discovering my boyfriend, still asleep beside me, He is so cute...

My lips pressed against his head before getting up to get myself some breakfast. I pulled out a box of pop tarts and put the two in the toaster. That was when, I heard Gerard move a bit.

"Y/n? Jellybean?" I turned to him.

"I'm over here." The sound of his foot steps flowed into the kitchen, he brought his arms around my waist from behind. He kissed the back of my shoulder before resting his head beside my neck.

"Gee?" He hummed, "Did you mean, what you said last night?"

"I just woke up baby, what did I say?"

"You said you loved me." I felt him smile against my skin.

"Of course I meant it. You're everything to me." The pop tarts popped up out of the toaster.

"Really?" He nodded. I kissed the side of his head and pulled the pop tarts out. He pulled away, I sat on the kitchen counter, my feet dangling off the edge. He sat on the island across from me.

"Sweetheart, I got something to tell you about. I wanted to talk to you about it last night, but then that whole thing happened. Well, you see, my uh my family, well they're not technically my family, but they um... well every year they have this sort of, annual ball thing, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go with me? If not that's totally fine we don't have to go or whatever." He waited for an answer in anticipation.

"You wanna take me!?" He nodded, "Of course I'll go with you!"

"Aw sugar, it's gonna be so fun! It's next weekend, and it's gonna be so fun." The excitement was evident in his face. We both jumped off the counter, and he hugged me, A ball, this'll be fun...

"Who all is gonna be there?" I asked, curious.

"It's mostly family, friends, the guys will be there too. Oh, they're gonna love you!" He cheered.

"Are you sure? I mean, aren't they all, vampires?"

"Yeah, but don't worry dear, we'll be together the whole night."

"The whole night? You really don't mind?" I asked, worried I'd be pulling him from his vampire friends.

"I don't mind at all, I'd rather spend the night with you anyways." He showed off his little teeth.

"Okay, I can't wait." I copied his little smile. The day was filled with warm kisses and sweet conversations. Once the sun began to set, Gerard was standing on my doorstep, about to leave.

"I'm gonna miss you, pop tart. I'll see you Friday?"

"Yeah, I'll see you Friday." I leaned in, bringing my lips to his, before he left. A few minutes after closing the door, there was a knock. I opened the door, as soon as my eyes saw the pink, I slammed the door shut.

"Go away, Josh! I don't care about what you have to say about Gerard!" I yelled from inside.

"I know, I know, I just, I wanna make sure you're okay."

"Okay!? Why wouldn't I be!?"

"I mean, in the past couple weeks you've been attacked by a werewolf, bitten by a vampire, and you almost died both times. Makes you think, maybe dating a-"

"I already told you, go away! I get it! You don't like him! You almost took his life! Who does that!? Stay away from me!" It was silent for a moment, What is wrong with him!?

"Fine! I'll go away! Just know, you haven't seen the last of me!" What does that even mean? We're neighbors! Of course I'm gonna see him again!

The sound of footsteps walking away, and the slamming of a door let me know he was done. I just went to bed, wanting to punch my old best friend in the face.

The whole week I stressed over the ball, What am I going to wear? What will his family think of me? What if they don't like me? What if I say something wrong? What if I make a fool of myself?

Friday finally rolled around, standing in the bathroom, I fixed my hair, as a knock came upon the door. The sun had just set; the night was early. Opening the door, I saw Gerard, a suit in a bag, ready to be worn.

"Hey, I didn't want to ruin the suit so I just brought it with me." He nervously smiled.

"Come in, I haven't changed yet either. I'm gonna go change in the bedroom, you can change in the bathroom if you'd like."

"Okay," The dress slipped on perfectly, the only problem was, my hands couldn't get the little button, to fasten. My dress was long, and pink, with sleeves(pic above). There was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called, Gerard walked in, struggling with his tie, "Here, lemme help you." As I did, his eyes were fixated on me.

"Wow, you look amazing!" He giggled.

"Thanks, can you button the back." I turned around.

"Oh, yeah." He slowly fastened it, but once he had finished, the feeling of a frigid finger steadily felt down the furrows of my spine. Instinctively, my body shivered. His finger flinched, and abandoned my now cold back side.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I just, I've never really seen much of your body."

"I haven't really seen much of yours either." He hugged me from behind, looking at us through the full body mirror.

"Maybe we could change that tonight?" He tested.

"Maybe, if you're lucky," I smirked, kissing his cheek, "Y'know, I always thought vampires couldn't see themselves in mirrors."

"It's only mirrors made of silver," He explained, just before spinning me around. He took my hands in both of his, "You look so beautiful, baby doll."

"Gee, you do too. You look really good in a suit." I smiled.

"Don't I?" He struck a sassy pose in the mirror, causing me to giggle.

"Yeah, you look fabulous!"

"C'mere," He pulled me over, I made a sassy pose along with him. This time, he giggled, "Now you look fabulous!" We both laughed, then he checked the time, "Oh shit, we have to get going." Right, the ball! I almost forgot...

He grabbed my hand and took me downstairs; we slipped on our shoes and touched up before heading out the door for a night we would never forget.

OwO-
No school for over a month, you know what that means! I'm gonna update so often you won't be able to keep up! It's gonna be so fun! But everyone, please stay safe, wash your hands even if there isn't a virus going around, that's disgusting. Love you all, hope we make it outta this mess alive. Have a nice day~peace out cheesebags