1] The 62149

The lady I fondly call Mom,
Is not my mom.
The children I live with... are not my siblings.
I live in the Grace Field House. 
And I'm an orphan.
Or so I thought.

Chapter 1:
The Grace Field House 62149

Reader's POV」

Tw:
Although not just in this chapter throughout the whole book there's gore, violence, neglect?, it might get stressing to the reader so just a warning

      I groaned as I woke up to some whispering in my ear. 
"It's free real estate," the person said. I giggled slightly, trying to keep the 'still asleep' act on. "Y/n," Emma groaned, trying to wake me up. "Wake uuuup," she continued.

When I finally opened my eyes, Emma smiled. I looked at the clock, it was just 5:59. Just then, the bell rang. Emma ran out of my room and into the smaller kids'. I sighed slightly and put on my shoes.

I've been living here for 11 years. I'm one, if not the oldest, of the oldest of the 39 kids who currently live here.

I made my way to the dining room with a smile on my face. "Good morning, Y/n!" a smaller kid told me as they ran alongside Emma. "Morning Conny," I said with a smile. I passed them and went into the dining room.

"Good morning, Y/n," Norman told me with a smile as I walked up to him. "Norman, morn-" I got cut off by one of the smaller kids jumping on my back, "Ing!" I exclaimed the last part.

Norman chuckled while Ray decided to tease me, "Morn-ING, Y/n," he said. "Oi! Don't tease me," I said, crossing my arms. "I can tease you all I want," Ray said. "Whatever," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. They then said morning to an excited Emma when she and the other clutter of children came in.

"Why are you so energetic? You haven't had breakfast yet," Norman told her.
"How old are you again? Five?" Ray asked.

"Yeah, Emma, you're more childish than most of the children here," I said with a chuckle.

"I'm 11, the same as you guys! Even if it doesn't seem that way!" Emma shot back, Mom giggled. "You're so mean, Ray!" she then said.

"Emma, Y/n, could you give me a hand here?" Mom asked. I nodded and walked over as Emma skipped.
"But Mom, I want to redo my entrance!" Emma cried, Mom holding onto her.
"Why? I love that about you," Mom said softly.
"That I'm a five yours old inside?!" Emma exclaimed.
"No, that you care deeply about your family," Mom told her. Emma smiled, "Thanks," she responded.

Mom gave me a smile, I looked away and walked away. I grabbed the food and set it on the table, not caring to smile back.
Sure, she took care of us over the years of our lives. But, I couldn't smile back. I couldn't respond to her in a happy tone. Even if she made me happy, I couldn't do it. I was grateful and all, yet I could return the feeling of happiness she gave me.

After I helped set the food, I sat down to ear next to Norman. Mom rang the bell and we said our thanks for the food.

This was our normal lives, I never doubted it. We had warm beds, delicious food, all-white uniforms, I.D. numbers on our necks (mine was 62149), and... the Daily Test.

"It's for the future. For yourselves." Mom says these tests take the place of schools.

I took the test, trying to go fast yet not so fast I'd fail.

Once we were done, mostly everyone was tired. I laid my chin in my palm with a sigh.
"Norman. Ray. Emma. Y/n. You all did an amazing job! You got 300 points again! Perfect scores!" Mom exclaimed, giving us a smile. As always, I didn't smile back.