5] She Got Us!

Chapter 5
She Got Us!
彼女は私たちを得た!

      We looked around the library. Well, I stayed in one spot looking at the map.
"This map was published in 2010... hm..." I muttered.

{ What's the world like? Where are we on this map? } My eyes widened, "We don't even know where we are! We don't even know where this house is," I said with a frown.

I had kept my distance from Emma and Norman. I hate that I did, but that's how I reacted to this... this pain? I don't even know what this feeling is...

"The sun comes up from the South, so we're in the Northern Hemisphere. And we have four seasons so somewhere in the Mid-Latitudes," Ray told me.

"But that's all we know," I said with a sigh, leaning on the map.
"There are demons outside. But where? How many?" I then asked myself. I looked up at Ray with worry but he gave me a reassuring (kinda) smile.

I sighed and let my head rest on the map.
I wanted all of this to stop. All this demon stuff. All this horror. All this... pain.

I zoned out for a while until I heard my name get called.
"Ray! Norman! Emma! Y/n!" Mom called out.

I moved from my spot and went ahead before anyone.
We got to Mom and stood next to each other. I was standing next to Gilda, on my right and Emma on my left.
Beside Gilda was Don, next to Emma was-... Norman, then Ray.

"What is it, Mom?" Don asked, giving me a smile before turning to Mom.
"Could I ask you..." she trailed off. Hell, I wasn't even gonna care if she found us out. "To help me with some chores?" she asked with a smile.

×Time Skip×

"This is bad. It means she suspects us, right? Do you think she knows something?" Emma asked with worry.
"Chill out. Think of it from the enemy's point of view," Ray suggested.
"The enemy's point of view?" Emma repeated with confusion.

"It's natural she would pick the oldest, since none of the kids are reacting, of course. Just calm down," I told her, hoping it didn't sound harsh.
"We still have to be on our guard more than ever. But don't worry, she doesn't know about us yet," Norman said with a smile.

"Just don't panic. It's what she wants," I added with a sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Let's go," Norman said, giving her a smile. Ray and I walked ahead.

×Time Skip×

This is our third day of doing chores.
It's getting really annoying and boring.
Organizing the pantry.
Inspecting the spare linen.
Cleaning the vacant rooms.

I was sweeping when-
"Damn it! I was to play!" Don exclaimed, holding up his broom.

I chuckled slightly.
"You'll get to play soon, Don," I said. He looked at me, "B-But, why is it just us?! Is this some sort of punishment?! Did we do something wrong?" he cried.

I felt sorry, it was mostly my fault he and Gilda were in this situation.

"Don, I'm going to need your help with this," Gilda said, grabbing his hand to lead him away.
"What?" he asked.
"Come on!" she told him.

He turned back to me,
"Bye, Y/n!" he said before running with Gilda.
"Bye," I replied with a smile.

"We have to do something about that or escaping will be impossible," Norman said with a sweat drop.

"But how? I've searched all over my body and there aren't any scares that indicate something was implanted," Emma asked.
"And there's nothing in our clothes or shoes. Ray? Y/n?" he said.