9] Let's Play Tag

Book 2} Chapter 9
Let's Play Tag
タグをプレイしよう

I stood next to Ray as he looked around, "She gathered this many children, but there's a time limit of 20 minutes. Sister Krone will probably come looking for us first," Norman said. Ray continued looking around, I noticed he still hadn't let go of my hand.

"I'm sure she wants the five of us who are the oldest. She'll first go after us... while capturing the younger ones she finds along the way," he added.

~

Emma and I crouched on a tree branch. Sister had gotten more children to her by tricking them.
I looked at the leaves on the ground.
{ She left them on the ground for them to find. Leaves with shapes cut out of them. Shapes of flowers and letters. She lined the, up to bait the younger kids who took an interest. A petty trick that takes advantage of a younger kid's curiosity. So even though she looks brawny, she can even resort to schemes like that. }

I looked around and moved from tree to tree, more and more are getting caught, and not just the young ones.
{ Nat, Anna, and even Thoma have already been caught. She completely predicted their moves. They've all improved recently, but it's only been a few days. It's still tough for them to escape individually. This is... bad. She's actually really good... Especially with physical strength }

Emma and I ran down through the forest.
We spotted two kids, Phil and Vivian. "Emma! Y/n!" Phil exclaimed. Emma picked up Vivian while I picked up Phil.

"Cover your mouths," Emma told them sternly, which they did.

I followed Emma's direction, Phil was pretty light for such a heavy eater.

We ended up hiding behind a rock,
"Each carrying a young one while running... You two must be tired, Emma, Y/n," Sister Krone said as she looked for us.

"You won't be able to move unless you rest. I'm sure you've never been chased like this before," she added.
I looked out to her and my eyes widened. She wasn't sweating or breathing heavy at all!

"Did you know? Norman's weakness is physical strength. I heard he was feeble when he was younger," Sister said.
I leaned back down, I remember those times... But where'd she get that information from? Mom?

"Ray's weakness is that he's a little quick to give up. He makes a decision fast and abandons others just as quickly," she told us. Maybe that was true, but he never abandoned me.

"Emma, you're weakness is being naive," she said making Emma grit her teeth. My eyes softened, Emma hated being called naive. I took hold of her hand and gave her a smile.
"And Y/n," I tensed up. "You let your emotions overcome you. I bet your mental illness is what made you so quiet. Along with mental sickness, you are also naive like Emma as carrying others when you're being chased," she said.

Emma gave me a confused look as if to ask "What mental illness?" I looked away from her.

"Just give up and come out. I won't do you wrong," she tried to convince us. I handed Phil over to Emma and started to climb up a tree. Emma stayed in her spot. As I was about to hop to the other tree I heard Sister Krone say, "If you saw the harvest that day... Then I'm on your side."

{ Harvest? Is that what she said?! }

I hopped onto the other tree, "Found you~" she told the three.
I jumped down from the tree to see Ray and Norman.

We ran together. We have 8 minutes and 40 seconds. She would most likely go for Norman, seeing from what she said earlier, about his physical weakness.
If we split up, she would try to get him in an amount of time before getting Ray and me.

Ray gave Norman a look then took my hand. We all nodded to each other before splitting up. Ray and I went in one direction while Norman another. As I guessed, she went after Norman.

Time Skip

"Looks like we win," Ray said, showing me his watch. I smirked and we headed over to Sister Krone.
Ray tapped her shoulder.
"Times up. It's been 20 minutes," he told her.

Norman placed his hand on his chin with a smile as Ray and I both smirked, "Looks like we won, Sister Krone."

We returned to the kids, "We won?! Did we really win?!" one asked as they jumped into my arms.

I chuckled, "Yup!"

"We need to make formations to escape in teams. We should create the teams so that the kids can cover each other depending on their abilities-- what they're good at and not good at," Norman whispered.

"But we were able to find out what we really wanted to know today," Ray responded,
"Yeah," Ray agreed.

{ "Then I'm on your side." What did she mean by that? Is it a trap devised by Mom? Or is Sister Krone...}

"We can attack her from behind. First, Sister Krone. I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to kill her," Norman said.

11/2/19
Word Count: 871