159 }} Thank You

NEVER BE ALONE.
Book 18

Chapter 159
Thank You.

.

.

.

7.

Reader's POV

"She's dead. This time, for sure,"
Mujika stated.

I let out a sigh of relief, then I turned to Mujika and hugged her tightly.
Mujika smiled softly, looking at the corpses. 

Behind us, Zazie seemed to be waking up, okay. 

I didn't let go of Mujika, and she didn't let go of me. 

"But what are we going to do now?"
Ray asked.

"Not only did we kill the Queen, but we also killed the Five Regent houses. 
The Imperial Capital, the respective territories... the demon society has lost their leadership.
It's not about negotiating peace... at this rate... there could be confusion and riots everywhere. 
Or worse, it could lead to war."
Ray stated.

"Can't Sonju be it? The next king. You're the younger brother of the Queen. You're part of the Royal Family,"
Emma said.

"No way. It'd be different if Yverk or Bayon remained. But I don't have the connections and I have no clue how to govern. Most of all, I'm a traitor. 
I've been pursued for 700 years as a rebel. The Imperial Soldiers and citizens won't listen to me. It'd cause more confusion."
Sonju stated. 

"It's going to be okay. We'll take care of our issues ourselves. You all should hurry back to your base."
Mujika stated.

"Mujika-"
I started.

"It will be easier to contain everything if the citizens don't see the involvement of humans. The Civil War is among us. We could still manage that pretense. What's more important is that we don't let any more citizens die. And that we not fan the flames of hate.
Besides, I have a bad feeling. The large number of Imperial soldiers... it would be terrible if they attacked your base."
she said.

"Go on. You have to hurry. Don't worry about us. I have a plan,"
Mujika said.

I took a deep breath and hugged her once more, tightly.

"Thank you, Mujika! Thank you!!"
Emma smiled.

"I appreciate it."

I smiled and pulled away from Mujika and hugged Sonju tightly. Emma did too.
"Thank you, Sonju,"
I said, he had tensed but he hugged me back the best he could.

"A lot has happened in the past two years. I met a lot of demons. But still only a small part of those out there.
I thought a lot about... demons, ourselves, eating, taking lives. I also thought about death. 
You know... i don't want my family to be killed... and I would never want them to be eaten. I don't want to be killed or eaten either. 
But I imagined... if I had to die... if I had to die, then... I wouldn't mind being eaten by you or Mujika. I was able to feel that I didn't want to destroy the demons... because I met you two that time. The reason I'm here now and was able to come this far... is because you both helped me. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart... thank you so much,"
Emma told them, smiling.

I also smiled.
"I love you,"
Mujika said softly.

"I love you too,"
I chuckled, and then, we were on our way.

"Let's hurry back to the base!"
Emma said.

"Yeah, we have to hurry. This situation is bad,"
Norman said.

"The Queen's words confirmed it. The one who is commanding the Imperial army is probably... the current head of the Ratri Clan... Peter Ratri."
Norman said.

I grit my teeth.
The man... I will always hate the most.

.

.

.

7. 14. 2020

Word count: 549