4] The Best Option

Chapter 4
The Best Option
ベストオプション

     "There might not be any rope?" Emma asked Norman.
"Yeah, because it's not something that's necessary in our daily lives here," Norman responded.

{ That's true! } I thought.

"But... that would... definitely be here."
After a while, Norman shouted, "Found it!"

Tablecloths!
"We got our rope!" Emma said proudly.

~Time Skip

Emma hid the tablecloths in a tree, Norman helping her out.
We can go over the wall with this.
"We're a step closer!" I exclaimed with a smile.

After Emma jumped down, Norman said, "Okay. The hard part remains."
"Yeah," Emma agreed.
"The tracking devices... And how to get everyone out," I muttered.

I looked in front of me to see they were already leaving. I let out a small sigh and started walking. I soon caught up to them, I tapped Norman's shoulder gently.

"Norman," I called out, I told him what had been on my mind,
"I think it would be a good idea to tell Ray. He wouldn't panic, he knows a lot, he's good at machines, and he would be an asset to our plan," I informed him.

Norman smiled.
{ Damn it, stop! }
"I was thinking that, too," he said.

Ray is cool headed and precise. He would always think several steps ahead and make the best decision.
If we want everyone to survive, we need Ray. And more company won't hurt.

"I'll talk to Ray. Emma, why don't you  go back for now and-"
"It's fine. You can tell me now," Ray spoke from behind us. I jumped but was happy to hear his voice.

"Ray!" I exclaimed. I moved from Norman and gave him a hug. He patted my head without any effort. He was 4'11 and I was 4'8.
(Sorry I picked out your height! I don't like picking stuff out for you guys at all! Like hair or eye color or height or clothes, but I didn't want you to be taller than the trio since Ray is, again 4'11 and Emma and Norman are 4'9. Again, sorry.)

"Sorry I followed you guys," he said as Emma was in shock.
"It's been bugging me. So I thought I should ask," Ray moved to the two, bringing me along before putting us all in a kind of headlock.
"What happened at the gate?" he asked.
{ Too close, Ray! } My mind exclaimed.

His grip on us tightened.
"You're all acting weird. And you were empty-handed when you said you "Didn't make it.""
"Y-You're so smart, Ray!" I said.

"So of course something happened," he concluded.

He then let us go, Emma coughed multiple times.
I stayed under his arm though.
"Will you help us?" Norman then asked.
Ray gave a quizzical look, "Sure," he said.

"Then let me explain. We all have to escape from here," Norman said.
Ray nodded and sat down by the tree, bringing me down with him.
"Ow!" I exclaimed. "You're okay," Ray said, patting my head onto his shoulder.

Norman told him everything that had happened.
By the end, Ray was in shock.

"Demons... A farm... Mom is the enemy? Isn't that seriously bad?! Oh, that explains the grated windows!" he said. I smiled, Ray always caught on fast.
"Actually, I'm surprised you're believing us so easily! You aren't gonna make fun of us?" Emma exclaimed.

"Huh? Of course I'd believe it. There's no way Norman would make up this stupid lie. He's not you Emma," Ray teased.

"So if we're really going to escape... There are various issues, but the biggest is the number of kids. We could never take everyone. We should narrow it down to those who can make it and..."
"Wait!" Emma stopped him.