2] The Way Out

出口

The Lights We Chase...
The Nights We Steal...

Chapter 2
The Way Out

           Emma and Norman acted normal the next day. As if nothing had happened. They didn't talk to me about it. Or even mutter a word about it.
They acted as if nothing strange had happened.

I rolled onto my side, laying my head in my hands. I cried the whole night and now I had a major headache.
"Y/n-"
"Go away," I cut off whoever it was.

"You're not gonna have that attitude with me. C'mon," Ray said, walking over to me.
"I don't want to," I muttered.
"You have to. Mom is wondering where you are," he told me.
"I don't care," I responded, laying back down. I didn't, she could get me in as much trouble as she wants. Maybe I'd die sooner.

"Do you want me to bring Norman or Emma in? Let's go," he said, looking like he was willing to just drag me.
"Go ahead. It's not like they care," I said, hiding my face from him by looking in the other direction.

Ray sighed and laid next to me.
"You're gonna get me in so much trouble," he muttered.
"What happened?" he asked, his voice turning soft.
"Nothing," I replied, he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"There's gotta be something that happened for you to be acting this way," he said, his voice radiating he was getting angry with me not telling him.
"Just drop it, Ray," I said, my voice seems to become softer.

He sighed,
"Just tell Mom that I'm really sick," I suggested, closing my eyes as I expected him to do so.
I heard him stand up and walk away. I sigh of relief passed my lips as I tried to fall asleep.

That didn't last long seeing as Ray entered the room right after,
"I'll tell Mom later, but seeing as you're sad... maybe I'll treat you like I did when we were kids," he said as I felt his weight on the bed.

I was surprised when he turned me around and gave me a hug, sure he did that when we were small and no one was looking, but I didn't expect it to happen again.

I didn't push him away and I let the tears I was holding in fall.
He laid his chin on my head, I snuggled into his chest, shaking slightly as a couple more tears fell from my eyes.

Ray didn't say anything as he let me cry.
I guessed he was asleep once his grip on me got lighter.
After a while, I ended up falling asleep in his arms.

( Yes, best friends can cuddle without being a couple.
They don't need to be something else )

"Y/n," I felt a poke on my shoulder.
I didn't react.
"Y/n~ Wake up The test is gonna start soon," I recognized the voice as Moms. I opened my eyes.

Ray shifted in his spot next to me, sitting up.
"Sorry, Mom, I wasn't feeling good," I told her, she gave me a smile.

"It's alright," she told me. It wasn't alright, she let Conny die.

I smiled and sat up, she touched my forehead.
"You've been working too hard. Why don't you take a break just for today?" she suggested.
"After that, you can meet us outside," she added.

I looked towards Ray, who nodded.
I turned back to Mom and nodded.

Mom smiled and took Ray with her, I stayed in the room.

I looked around, looking for possible escapes. Maybe I could escape at night.

I then noticed we were caged in. Something I was so blind to.
The windows were practically locked closed, and tightly.