[ Life - Shinobu ]

Shinobu

Mature words.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh"
"You're okay, darling"

She said that every day.
She said it's okay and you shouldn't worry. You should just let her comfort you until you fall asleep again.

Again and again and again.
The unfortunate routine never changing. Never stopping. Just destroying you slowly without any noise or presence.

'When will it stop?' You kept asking her the same question every day, but all she did was tell you it's okay.

It's okay to feel that way.
It's okay to have nightmares.
It's okay to not trust people.
It's okay to feel sad and helpless.

But it's not okay.
Life means living. It doesn't mean suffering. Because when you suffer you only think about death, in most cases, anyway.

"Shinobu" I called out to her. She hummed in response. "Why do we live?" I asked her emotionlessly.

"Life was given to us to find our dreams. To fulfill our selfish desires. Whether it was sex, money, or simply love."

I closed my eyes and laid back down on the hospital's bed. "We weren't made to suffer, were we?" I questioned her response.

"No, we were not." My lover reassured me.

"Then why do we suffer?"

"Suffering is an obstacle we have to overcome in order to fulfill our dreams and desires."

"I see, it all falls into place once we think about the purpose of life."

I smiled and shifted my eyes to meet hers. She took my hand into both of hers. I closed my eyes and whispered something I didn't think would ever come out of my mouth.

"Then let me keep living."