[ Once upon a time - Tanjiro - Part 1 ]

- Demon! Tanjiro x reader. REQUESTED. Hope you enjoy part one~

~~~~~~

You were walking through a dark forest, keeping your guard up.

It'd said that most demons live in this forest,  mostly because it's far away from the demon slayer headquarters, and it's near a small village.

That being said, you were assigned to find a certain demon. And from what you've heard, the demon was once a demon slayer.

Until Muzan caught him off guard and turned him into a cruel, man-eating demon.

His sister Nezuko, has been asleep since the day he disappeared. And his mission to turn her back into a human was a failure.

Not to mention losing a skilled demon slayer weakened the demon slayer corps' strength. While a Hashira can take down dozens of demons, they still occasionally need support from the lower ranks.

You were fighting with yourself in your own mind over whether he's a good demon like his sister or a bad one who kills people for fun and pleasure.

Nowadays weaker demons tend to recover by sleeping, and they don't eat mortals.

But him being weak was a laughable thought. The man was one of the most skilled demon slayers, so, naturally, him being a weak demon is unimaginable.

Soon enough you reached a small yet cozy-looking house. It was made out of wood and it was well decorated.

The atmosphere around it was questionable. It was gloomy and dull.

'I bet nobody has smiled in this area for a while.' You thought, keeping your guard up.

Your eyes were shifting from one place to another, inspecting the surroundings of this house, and looking if there are any traps.

Soon you saw footprints leading to the small front door.

You walked up to them and bent down. The footsteps were fresh so normally, somebody has to be living here.

A gust of wind went by and you turned around, ready to attack.

But what you saw illuminated your eyes with pure joy. What was standing in front of you was a demon, Tanjiro to be exact.

"Tanjiro!" You yelled out with excitement.

He was taken aback by your words. Most demon slayers would just attack him, it is their duty after all.

But this girl before him showed excitement and no worries. Not to mention she knew who he was.

The said man blinked before speaking up "Who are you?" He asked surprised.

You let out a small chuckle and walked up to him. He got ready to fight and awaited your attack, but you just stood in front of him, smiling brightly.

"You're not attacking me..." He said,
confused by your actions.

"Well, of course not. I'm here to escort you back to HQ!" You chirped.

His eyes widened and he shook his head. "No, I'm a demon. I can't go back. I don't have the strength to NOT eat humans like my sister does."

You stood there dumbfounded. "So you've eaten humans before?" Your voice shook slightly.

He nodded making you turn around. "That's a shame. I might have to kill you now."

Within milliseconds you were behind him, holding your sword up to his neck.

He froze, not knowing what to do or say. "But,  I won't. Your sister still needs you..." You whispered almost regretting your decision.

You put your sword back in its place. Tanjiro turned around and grabbed your shoulders.

"No! You're violating the corps' rules!" He shouted out worryingly.

Your eyes met his and you smiled. "Too bad!" You said cheerfully.

He took his hands off your shoulders and stared at you in shock. "No, you have to fight me and win!" Tanjiro yelled.

Your lips let out a long sigh and you turned around. "I won't do that. Your sister still needs you". Your calm voice could be heard.

" I'll make you kill me," he said, with a sheepish smile. You shrugged your shoulders before answering.

"You can try"

~~~~~~

Finally. It's finally out. Haaaaaah.