Water: Giyuu

☔

She tapped her pencil on her sketchbook, searching for ideas within the sound.

No matter how hard she tried, she could never recreate him. Him - a boy who only appeared at night, in her dreams.

She knew what he looked like, his face, his figure, his voice.

But her mind was still blank, how come she could never draw him? Why was it whenever she opened her sketchbook, his face would go blank?

It was as if he was doing it on purpose. Tormenting her in this never-ending cycle.

"Tomioka-san..." She mumbled softly, as the window to her chamber flung open.

Somehow, she kept calm. Usually, she'd get scared of such things - a glass suddenly braking, a door randomly swinging open.

Somehow...She knew it was his doing.

Standing up slowly, she walked to the window.

The lonely girl gazed at the night sky. Softly smiling to herself. Stars shone as sugar spilled over black marble, glistening in the sun. The night sky was such a pleasant sight.

She cherished moments like these more than anything else.

Her lips parted, and a silent whisper emerged "Tomioka-san"

As the warm summer breeze tickled her skin, his face suddenly came back into her mind.

With a welcoming smile, she hushed, "You're such a pain Tomioka-san."

It was rather strange, but whenever she hung out with her friends, she still felt lonely.

Yet, with Tomioka-san...

For her he wasn't simply a good friend, he had become part of her soul. He was love when she needed it and she thanked him for all that she had.

They've never met, but they were connected.

Connected by something deeper than, words, and actions. The two lonely people were bound by their souls.

The girl walked back to her desk, then she sat back down on her comfy seat. "Let's get this over with, shall we, Tomioka-san?"

Opening up her sketchbook, she began to draw.

As the pencil danced on the paper, she was grinning.

For some reason, she felt happy. A lot happier than she's ever been.

To finally see him come to life on the paper. It signified a dream come true. 

The girl took out her phone, turning on some calm music to help her concentrate on her drawing. Then she placed her phone down next to her sketchbook.

She was drawing two people. One was underwater, while the other one was above the surface. 

The two of them were holding hands.

The one underwater was Tomioka, his mouth was slightly agape. His eyes were almost closed, yet he kept his gaze on the girl above him. His dark hair was down, gently touching his pale face.

The one on the surface was (Y/N). She was smiling softly, gazing back at the boy.

Finishing up the drawing she sighed, leaning back on her chair. 

"Man, what a day~" She snickered.

Closing the sketchbook, the girl spoke: "Well, I hope you relish it - Tomioka-san."

"We'll meet someday, somehow, somewhere, but we will - surely. I promise."