A.3

Kiana Brown
1 week later
Sept. 9

"It's heeling pretty good, but you still need to stay home for a while dude." Roman said rubbing an alcohol pad over my stitches.

I winced in pain, "Shit Roman, you making it hurt worse."

"I'm tryna help yo ass." He said pulling me up by my arm. I made a face as he plopped down on my bed. I ran my hand over his hair and pursed my lips.

"Do you wanna go to church with me?" I asked making him look back.

"When?"

"Today, like right now." I said checking the clock.

8:23am

"You wanna go to church? That's surprising." He snickered.

I kept a straight face, "Ro, I'm so serious. I haven't been in years and I feel some type of way. It's been on my mind since the night of the club."

He shrugged, "Sure why not. We have ample enough time to get ready and my clothes over here right?"

I nodded.

"Sure get up and we'll go to church." He said getting off the bed.

I crawled out of bed and ran into my closet. I didn't have anything classy to wear to church. Ugh, I don't wanna go up in there looking like I don't belong. So, I found the neatest outfit I could and ran into the bathroom.

Church. (Kiana Outfit^)

I walked into the packed church home getting stared from people. This place made me so nervous, I don't know why. Roman grabbed my hand and I lead him to my old seat. I sat on the the third row on the left, as old times. Keegan still attends church here, and I hope he comes today.

"Kiana? Is that you?"

I looked back to see Ms. Jeraldine staring at me. I smiled getting up to hug her. She hugged me tightly before releasing.

"Oh my gosh it's been forever. I believe the last time I saw you, you were about eleven years old. I see your brother and his wife all the time though." She smiled and I returned it.

"I know, it's been forever but I plan on coming back to church more often. I need to get myself together." I sighed.

"Good for you honey, are you gonna sing in the choir this morning?"

I shook my head, "Uh no ma'am, I don't really sing anymore."

"Well why not? You have a beautiful voice Kiana." She complimented making me blush.

"Thank you, but I don't know. It just ain't my thing anymore. You know how that goes." I chuckled.

"Mhm." She looked me up and down. "Who's your friend? How rude of me, I'm Jeraldine Hines but you can call me miss Jerry."

Roman shook her hand and gave her a smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Roman Sanchez."

"Are you two together?" She asked and we shook our heads.

"He's my best friend, and I asked him to join me this morning." I said making him agree.

"Oh okay, well I hope y'all enjoy the ceremony." She looked back and gasped. "Ooh, there go Kairi and Dra'Quan. Excuse me y'all."

My face fell as Draco walked in holding his daughter. She was such a beautiful little girl. If I was nice I'd go speak but I'm not. Plus I'm not here for him. I came to get myself together and listen to the word of the Lord. I looked at Roman and he grabbed my hand.