A.5

Dra'Quan Marcel
Sept. 11
Home.

"Do you wanna eat tacos or pizza for dinner?"

"Um, tacos!" Kairi yelled jumping in my arms.

I laughed, "Bet. Let's go to the store and we'll get tacos on our way home."

I picked up my keys and we left the house. I love spending time with my daughter. Well, we twins actually if hadn't noticed. She look just like me, lips and all. The only thing about it is she's nice as hell and I don't know where she gets it from. Kaylin ain't nice and I damn sure ain't nice.

At the Store.

"Ooh! Cheerios!" Kairi yelled tossing them in the bucket. I just let her get what she wants. She been doing good so why not reward her?

"You want waffles or pancakes Kairi?" I asked opening the freezer.

"Waffles."

I put them in the bucket and she just kept dropping stuff in. She better eat all this stuff, ain't no money going to waste in my house. I grabbed her hand as we walked off the cold aisle. We went onto the snack aisle and her eyes lit up. Shit I can't lie, mines did too.

"Hot Cheetos for you Dad, and some Takis for me!" She yelled throwing at least five bags in the bucket. When we get home she gonna make me do that damn challenge. Last week it was the bean boozled.

"Okay." I chuckled putting some fruit snacks in the bucket.

"Ow!" Kairi screamed making me look at her. She had a scratch on her arm that was starting to bleed.

"What happened?" I asked as she pointed at some broken glass. Do they not clean these fucking stores son? "It'll be alright."

She shook her head no and began crying. I squatted down in front of her and kissed it. Usually she'd say it felt better, but this time she didn't. Tears continued running down her face and it made my feelings hurt. I picked her up and put her in the bucket.

"She straight?"

I looked up to see Kiana lil boyfriend Roman. I gave him dap and nodded my head.

"Yeah, she cut her arm." I said making him look at her.

"Lift your arm up." He said as he reached in his wallet. Kairi did as told and pulled out a tiny little band aid. What the fuck? He just carries those things around with him?

He placed it on her arm and gave me an alcohol pad. "Wipe it when she gets home. It'll get infected if you don't."

"Um, okay?" I raised my eyebrow.

He chuckled, "Chill, I'm in medical school. I'm this close to becoming a doctor."

"Oh, because I was gone talk hello shit bout you when I got in the car." I laughed.

"Nah it's cool." He laughed himself before Kiana came around the corner smiling.

"Roman, I found them!" She said holding up a party size bag of Doritos. She looked at me and her face fell. Why in the hell do we keep running into each other?

"Bet. I got the whipped cream and the strawberries. What else do we need bro?" He asked her.

"Um, squirt guns!"

"I wanna squirt gun!" Kairi said making Kiana smile at her.

"I bet you want a purple one?"

Kairi gasped, "How'd you know?"

"Who doesn't like purple?" Kiana shrugged her arms.

"Exactly! And the color yellow."

Kiana placed her hand on her chest and gave Kairi a high five.